“It was fun, exciting, a crazy ride, and I felt safe the whole time.”

Wild Water Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Wild Water! For 25 years, guests like you have enjoyed award-winning Canadian Rockies rafting trips on the famous Kicking Horse River. Simply put, we pride ourselves in offering the finest white water rafting Canada has to offer! Our Kicking Horse rafting trips are just outside Banff and Yoho National Parks and near Golden, British Columbia. Our Banff rafting trips are perfect for singles, couples, families and groups, and all abilities and ages, from 8 to 88, making for the ideal rafting trips in Canada. You'll be fitted and provided with all your personal safety equipment, and our expert team of fun-loving professionals will make your trip easy to book and exciting to experience! If you are looking for the best white water rafting Banff has to offer, look no further...
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was nervous before I got there because I had not rafted before. Lindsey was our guide and she was a blast. She had complete control of the raft the whole time. I sat in the front, which is the most exciting place to sit, and I got drenched. I would definitely go back to WWA and do the longer trip.
First time White Water Rafting, and certainly won't be my last.

1  Thank Carmen M
All reviews
"the kicking horse river"
in 114 reviews
in 36 reviews
"well oiled machine"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Booked this online before I left the UK for myself and my 13yr old son and after a couple of days in Banff we were, as arranged, picked up by Will the driver and his bus which took us to the Wild Water rafting site. From the moment we arrived to when we left all the staff were extremely cheerful, professional and very helpful. After the initial safety brief we took to the water on the pre-booked 'Tradition Trip' and all I can say it was a sheer adrenilin rush all the way down the 15 miles of the Kicking Horse River. The staff again were very interactive and seemed genuinely interested in all of us as people and inbetween getting a real good ducking there was plenty of conversation and this encouraged everyone 'on board' to get to know each other which made the trip even more fun. Needless to say my son hasn't stopped talking about this experience and there's no doubt that we WILL have to return and do it again. Many thanks to everyone at Wild Water Adventures.....You should be VERY proud of yourselves.....Chris & Charlie

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Me & my husband did "the exciter" as it was our first time rafting and didnt really know what to expect. From booking to the drop of back at our hotel was awesome.... Friendly and fun staff. The guides are very knowledgeable and very helpful...
We did a half day but a definate go back for a full day adventure..
Thanks Wild Water Adventures for making this a fun day for us.... really enjoyed and will definately come back with more families and friends...

WildWaterAdv, Owner at Wild Water Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you, Arti S, for your kind words and for taking the time to post. We certainly appreciate it. We're pleased that you and your husband had fun. We look forward to seeing you again...and don't forget about our "Frequent Paddler's" discount when you come back!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I cannot do better than endorse what the other reviewers have written. Happy staff, smooth but personal operation, safe but exciting and a great few hours at the edge of Yoho National Park. Running the Class III and IV rapids like the Rollercoaster beats amusement park rollercoasters by a mile!

Quick note: If driving from Banff or Lake Louise, give yourself an additional 30 - 15 minutes for construction traffic.