“Try the Daily Lunch Special”
Review of Trailhead Cafe

Trailhead Cafe
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE!!!!! We serve the BEST coffee in town!
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had two lunches here during our trip, one while we were staying in Lake Louise Village and one while passing through from Jasper to Banff. The first was a lunch special taco wrap and it was delicious. Because we liked it so much we stopped and tried another lunch special---lamb tzatziki wrap. We were delighted to find the delicious lamb as we are former farmers who raised and love to eat lamb. The price is about average for the area, but much above average when it comes to taste.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stopped by this little place to grab a sandwich during a weekend away. The man who served us was INCREDIBLY rude and when my order was prepared incorrectly, my polite request to have it remade was met with a very rude comment and a refusal to remake the order.

Food was fine, but the service was the worst I have ever had in 5 years of international travel.

1  Thank Oz_Lady_Traveler
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Fantastic place for a sandwich at lunch time or breakfast. Service is great with good coffee, highly recommended.

1  Thank UkSil
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stopped here because we had 2 hungry children and we wouldn't get back to Banff in time. We didn't know where to go, this was the first place we saw. The sandwiches were okay, I had a panini and my hubby had a wrap. the kid's grilled cheese sandwich cost SIX DOLLARS. I find that a bit ridiculous for 2 pieces of bread and a piece of cheese, no matter where you are! It cost us over $30 for 1 wrap, 2 sandwiches and a cup of soup, and the portions were not large either. The soup was not that fantastic, but I was shivering and it did warm me up, so I guess it did it's job. The sandwiches tasted ok, nothing special and not really worth the price. There was almost no seating. We sat at the bar, but it was dirty and we had to ask to get it cleaned. There was also a dirty rag in the corner of the bar next to a gray busing bin, and it was unpleasant to eat next to that but the staff made no move to clean it up. The small garbage can was overflowing. The floors seemed grimy. The staff seemed uninterested and unfriendly, although they were not outright rude they did not make us feel welcomed. We were not impressed, and we will not be back again, next time we will certainly pack our own sandwiches or plan to eat elsewhere. I still can't believe we paid that much for mediocre sandwiches in a crowded, cold, ugly place, but we were desperate.

1  Thank daypack
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We visited the Trailhead Cafe many times while in Lake Louise. It was the perfect stopping point to pick up lunch before heading out on a hike. They specialize in wraps with a wide variety of fillings and sauces. Breakfast sandwiches are very popular, either on a wrap or bagel. They have soups and specials, too. There is not much seating -- just four stools by a bar at the front window, and a few chairs outside. There are a few stand-up bars. It can get quite crowded on the weekend.

2  Thank connecticuttraveler6