“Great Food!”

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Took my wife out for dinner and the Bison ticked all the boxes, food was great, friendly service and affordable prices! My favorite was the escargot/bone marrow appetizer! Great locally sourced protein and greens! Nice wine list as well... highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mick S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Well worth searching out”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is said to be in the top 10 restaurants to try in the whole world. Well I don't think I could say that but it is certainly very good indeed and should be tried by any "foodie" visiting Banff. Enjoy!!

Visited May 2014
Furry Creek, Canada
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I did not make the reservation for supper at Bison but I sure will next time! There were three of us for a reasonably low-key business supper with all of us rating the food as Excellent and the overall experience Very Good.

My meal consisted of the Beet Carpaccio salad with a main course of Bison Short Ribs. Both were nicely presented and the short ribs in particular very good indeed - we all did little tastings by passing bits of food around and the ribs were rated the #1 main course.

There is outdoor seating. We started off outside but moved in as the early June air in the mountains cools pretty fast - particularly if there is a breeze. The request to move inside was quickly and graciously responded to by the server.

We are here for a few more days and hope to return.

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Frog Legs & Bison”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

While vacationing in the Banff-Canmore area, we decided to try the Bison Restaurant. The VG rating is due to mixed reviews from our party. My wife had the tenderloin. She order it med-rare and it came out well done. She had to return it. The second attempt was a little better as it came out closer to medium. My experience, however, was much better. First, I saw that they had Frog Legs on the menu and decided to give them a try. WOW, they were outstanding. I also tried the Bison and asked for it to be med-rare. It came back as ordered and was delicious. Because of my wife's meal, the restaurant gave her a complementary dessert. She selected the crème Brule, and it was done to perfection.

• Visited June 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“Brunch by any other name...”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Bison is just back of the main street in Banff.... Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Absolutely terrific mountain cuisine. Go for the Bennies... they do them so very well. My partner's fritata was outstanding. The servers seemed to be having a good time and its a great atmosphere. Its bistro style and it lends a certain ambiance to the meal. Good company and good food are a great combination.

• Visited May 2014