“Almost Perfect”

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Our server very nicely moved us to a window table when one came available which was a very nice start to the evening. My husband had the rack of lamb and I had the steelhead trout. Both were very delicious BUT the rack was only 2 chops and the steelhead had too much of any oily sauce on it. The chocolate layer cake paired with Quailsgate Ice Wine was very delicious. I would go back just to try the other dishes.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had dinner at the Bison. The menu has quite a variety. Food was good but we found it a little salty. Wait staff was very attentive, service good.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husand and I made reservations for the Bison during our getaway to Banff over Thanksgiving weekend. It seemed to be a popular place and highly recommended so we decided to check it out. I found the place to be a little overwhelming as far as layout, a touch noisy and cramped to enjoy a quiet sit down meal, however the food and service was fantastic. I had the bison ribeye cooked to my liking and my husband had the steak and we had no complaints about the food other then it is definitely pricey, but you can come to expect that in a upscale restaurant in Banff. Our favourite part of our meal was the dessert, which was the pumpkin pie topped with toasted marshmellow, maple whiskey syrup with maple icecream and candied bacon. Yum! The Bison definitely has a unique menu and I would recommend for anyone to check it out during your visit to Banff!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

it was off the main road and we had to look around for it but it was recommended by hotel staff; so we searched it out! when we went in still no so sold on it; but the staff was really helpful and very pleasant; they made this part of the visit worth it; then our meal came "Bison" we loved it! sat a little while as the place started to fill up; we definitely would recommend this place;

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a Sunday brunch here with friends. The food was very good....the unique choices on the menu had a variety of choices...all of which sounded yummy. The food arrived quickly and we were not disappointed. The staff were knowledgeable on the menu, friendly, and quick with our drinks and meal service.

I look forward to dining here again in the near future.