WINNER WONDERLAND

“Brunch is well worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bison Restaurant

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brunch is well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate here a couple of times, our dinner was lovely but if you're in Banff on a Sunday make the effort to come here, a great selection of food that tasted amazing. Ensure you wash down with a Mimosa.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Bison Banff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Loved the Bison Restaurant! I had the steelhead trout and my husband had the bison burger. Both were excellent. We were served on their second floor outside patio with a wonderful view. Great evening!

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Amazing Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Bison Restaurant had the best service I've enjoyed in quite a while! The drinks were phenomenal, especially the specialty martinis and cocktails. We had the roasted cauliflower as an appetizer. I know it doesn't sound that special, but it was to die for! My husband and I each tried the bison ribeye, which came highly recommended. I would say it was just ok. The meat was quite fatty. I wouldn't say it was worth the price, but it wasn't bad. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“4.5 / 5 if I could - very fine meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Banff is a tourist trap that gets overrun with hoards of tourists (like us!), and understandably so - it's absolutely stunning. It can be hard to find a truly fine meal in a place that doesn't have to concern itself with return clientele. Discussions on the food boards will reveal that there's a a lot of average trying to dress up as (and charge for) fine dining in Banff. Our meal at the Bison was terrific. I would go back again in a heartbeat.
I had the New York steak and my companion had the bison short ribs. Both were top notch. The beef was amazing. - certainly some of the best I've ever had for the cut it was. We also split a flat bread appetizer (duck confit and rhubarb) beforehand and it was interesting and unusual, and also was top notch.
The server was very pleasant, but the only knock would be that we spent a lot more time waiting for things than we should have. I do not mean that "the meal took more than 10 minutes to arrive" - I don't expect fast food when I go out for a very nice meal. But it was long enough from the time that we ordered drinks until they arrived that the server apologised for the delay. Similar story when we were waiting for the bill. And, more or less, throughout. Not bad service, but just a lot less ... attentive than you would expect for a very fine meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A must when visiting Banff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I was very skeptical about going here but my boyfriend had talked me into it (I don't often like things I'm not familiar with.) But The Bison turned that around for me. I wish I remembered the name of our Waitor, he was originally from Nova Scotia and just excellent to deal with! I am a very picky eater but he was extremely kind, warm and patient when explaining the foods, their ingredients, and preparation. Very knowledgable and made me feel so comfortable trying the new-to-me foods!

There wasn't one single thing that we had at this restaurant that we didn't like, everything was fresh, light, and very tasty! I had steak and my boyfriend has the bison burger, we also shared dessert which was flavours of ice cream or something... But delish, none the less!

Go here! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013