WINNER WONDERLAND

“Pleasurable Dining Experience in Banff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bison Restaurant

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Pleasurable Dining Experience in Banff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant in Banff with a large group of people on a Saturday night. The service was excellent and the food enjoyable. I had a delicious salad with figs and spiced nuts and the roasted chicken. My choice from a pre-selected menu. Next time I would like to come back and order off the restaurant's main evening menu. The restaurant appeared to have an extensive wine list. Looking forward to trying this restaurant in the future with my family.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DeirdreWade

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
St. Albert, Canada
“Father's Day Brunch, then back for Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

wow, what excellent food. I ordered the rib eye eggs benedict which my brother was eyeing and he ordered the french toast stuffed with gruyere and bacon and topped with whipped cream and berries which I was eyeing. We split both and both devoured it all. It was so tasty and uniquely Canadian that I took my own family back for dinner the same night. They have a decent kids menu. Their salads are very unique, fresh and tasty, but small portions. The mains - we both had steak - were also unique, incredibly tasty, cooked to perfection and brought to our table piping hot. It is fine dining, but casual. highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank JimCelineSamZachZoe
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Overpriced, underquality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was priced to be a high class restaurant, but the food didn't follow suit in quality. I was very under impressed by everything, and I am not a hard person to please. The only thing they have going for them is that their food is organic and local. They just need to learn to cook it now.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Penticton, Canada
“Outstanding Bison”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great service, amazing food. The only downside is that they are not a gluten free friendly restaurant. Very little selection with those who have dietary need.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went by the suggestions here and so glad we did, best meal we had on our Rocky Mountaineer 9 day trip around BC except for the train meals. The Bison was exceptional food and I would definitely return there again for a dinner.

• Visited June 2013