“Great food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bison Restaurant

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 136 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The atmosphere is great and the food even better. Nice selection of beers on tap. We had the pulled pork nachos and the Big Bird pizza and they were both amazing. We will be back next time we are in banff.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Allison555

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious yet expensive dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday night and had no problem getting in. The restaurant is really clean with a nice atmosphere and decorations. We had the bison flatbread to start, leg of rabbit and striploin. The food was delicious! And the portion sizes were good. It was expensive but a nice fancy meal.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank RhiC
Wagga Wagga
“Yummmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Banff on Christmas Eve 2012, what a winter wonderland.
I had booked The Bison from Australia on the reviews I had read.It was perfect for our 1st night in Banff.
A lovely table with great view, a very good menu and wine list. Our waitperson looked after us beautifully and the food was wonderful.

3 Thank Ange11rocks
Calgary, Canada
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I ordered the Bison ribeye, 10 ounces of meat, unfortunately mine was 6 ounces of fat, mostly so marbled in it couldn't be cut out. Great flavour but it left me disappointed. My husband had the duck and thought it was great. Creme brûlée for dessert was good, interesting with the rosemary. I expected more from the place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank KAPatton
calgary
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great food! Great wine! Great service!

I really enjoyed my meal and experience at The Bison. When I told the cab driver where we were going his reaction was "I'm jealous! If I had the night off that's exactly where I'd want to spend it. Best restaurant in town!" So we walked in with high expectations, and they were definitely met! Can't wait to return.

• Visited January 2013