WINNER WONDERLAND

“Yummmm” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bison Restaurant

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Wagga Wagga
“Yummmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Banff on Christmas Eve 2012, what a winter wonderland.
I had booked The Bison from Australia on the reviews I had read.It was perfect for our 1st night in Banff.
A lovely table with great view, a very good menu and wine list. Our waitperson looked after us beautifully and the food was wonderful.

3 Thank Ange11rocks

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I ordered the Bison ribeye, 10 ounces of meat, unfortunately mine was 6 ounces of fat, mostly so marbled in it couldn't be cut out. Great flavour but it left me disappointed. My husband had the duck and thought it was great. Creme brûlée for dessert was good, interesting with the rosemary. I expected more from the place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KAPatton
calgary
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great food! Great wine! Great service!

I really enjoyed my meal and experience at The Bison. When I told the cab driver where we were going his reaction was "I'm jealous! If I had the night off that's exactly where I'd want to spend it. Best restaurant in town!" So we walked in with high expectations, and they were definitely met! Can't wait to return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alberta
“Always great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Bison is one of my favourite restaurants. It has a bistro feel and is always busy and bustling with people so it is a good idea to reserve your table. You can dress up or be casual and not worry. The food is usually locally sourced and the menu is varied. The portion sizes seems fairly generous. I had the duck and that was really tender and is one of the favourites on the menu apparently.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank KasAlberta
Mgarr
“Definately a Good Choice:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

First time to Bison's: We were completely satisfied & would recommend it to anyone looking to dine in Banff.....Genuine Food, great service & value for money!
Keep it up!