“Very nice”

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nice posh restaurant. Some menu items are expensive but food is excellent. Great to see the chefs cooking. Great service. Very hot inside.

1  Thank Becky_McD
There are newer reviews for The Bison Restaurant

Reviewed January 11, 2013

lamb- I was expecting more than two pieces, but very yummy
bison rib eye- was nothing special
had bread before the meal came and the butter was hard!

The high light... the veggies! A potato, corn, and spinach patty that had a batter crust.
Steamed carrots and squash... both very good.

The place was empty (during the week at 5 o'clock) so we had good service and a quiet atmosphere.

2  Thank nderksen
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food is amazing here. The french toast was to die for. Fresh everything on there! Their menu is also locally sourced where possible and it was just delicious all the way around. Hope to try dinner one time. The atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming. The service is relaxed and casual. It wasn't too busy when we went but I can't understand why they played the music they did. It was loud and obnoxious in my standards.

The entrance was a bit of a puzzle because they are upstairs and I couldn't make heads or tails of where I was going when we first got in but someone directed us right away.

2  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived at the Bison without a reservation in the later evening on a weekday...it was very busy but we were soon seated. My partner and i shared a harvest salad app, a bison steak entree, and the chocolate mint torte for dessert. It was fabulous...everything done to perfection. Service was good, lots of activity in the room, lots of happy diners. A great choice for a great meal. I look forward to returning.

3  Thank DLCAlberta
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Dined here on a Sunday for an early dinner (515pm) with my wife and 2 year old daughter. Everything was just perfect. We had baked oysters to start and they were good. My wife's medium rare Lamb Rack cooked great. I had the Bison Rib Eye that was cooked to perfection. My daughter had the kid's pasta with tomato sauce. The sauce was a little spicy so they changed the order to cream sauce. I didn't have any but my daughter gobbled most of it up. For dessert the mango creme brulee gelato and the pecan pie were tasty. Great atmosphere and great for kids. Service was great. Will definitely stop by here next time we are in Banff. A++

2  Thank Sam H