“amazing sunday brunch”

The Bison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Description: Walk up our staircase into rustic elegance. With windows on three sides, Banff's best mountain views speak for themselves. Enjoy a signature cocktail, local bottled beer or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Watch the show as a line of talented chefs in our open concept coppered kitchen lead by executive chef Brendan Robson prepare your regionally inspired meal. Locals and visitors enjoy our sun-drenched terrace with its mountain views in the summer, and roaring campfire in the winter. Whether in high heels or hiking boots, our dining room is yours.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food is amazing here. The french toast was to die for. Fresh everything on there! Their menu is also locally sourced where possible and it was just delicious all the way around. Hope to try dinner one time. The atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming. The service is relaxed and casual. It wasn't too busy when we went but I can't understand why they played the music they did. It was loud and obnoxious in my standards.

The entrance was a bit of a puzzle because they are upstairs and I couldn't make heads or tails of where I was going when we first got in but someone directed us right away.

2  Thank Deborah K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived at the Bison without a reservation in the later evening on a weekday...it was very busy but we were soon seated. My partner and i shared a harvest salad app, a bison steak entree, and the chocolate mint torte for dessert. It was fabulous...everything done to perfection. Service was good, lots of activity in the room, lots of happy diners. A great choice for a great meal. I look forward to returning.

3  Thank DLCAlberta
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Dined here on a Sunday for an early dinner (515pm) with my wife and 2 year old daughter. Everything was just perfect. We had baked oysters to start and they were good. My wife's medium rare Lamb Rack cooked great. I had the Bison Rib Eye that was cooked to perfection. My daughter had the kid's pasta with tomato sauce. The sauce was a little spicy so they changed the order to cream sauce. I didn't have any but my daughter gobbled most of it up. For dessert the mango creme brulee gelato and the pecan pie were tasty. Great atmosphere and great for kids. Service was great. Will definitely stop by here next time we are in Banff. A++

2  Thank Sam H
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The whole family agreed that the food was excellent (a rare occurrence). Better in our opinion than the Post Hotel in Lake Louise. Service excellent too. Noisy though -- lots of tables, lots of conversations, music. We only wish we left room for dessert.

1  Thank JPHimka
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Bison is a regular stop for me when in Banff. It never disappoints. Great bar with pro's making drinks. Excellent service and the food is wonderful.....they serve unique and flavorful dishes with a wide variety of ingredients to satisfy anyone's tastes. Lots of locals always there is a good sign.

1  Thank Richard K