WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Chilis Grill and Bar

Chilis Grill and Bar
Ranked #34 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooks AB
“great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had supper at Chilli`s our first day there as it was next to our hotel. We were seated immediately. We loved the service as it was very friendly. We had ribs and they were absolutely mouthwatering. Great place to kick back after a long day and have a few drinks and some eats. The value for the food was great. It was a little loud and crowded but then again its the season for it. I would love to visit their when its a little quieter. We will definitely be eating there again. :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mandalynn

• Korean first
Banff, Canada
“Poor Service with mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Upon walking in to Chili's my boyfriend and I waited to be seated and were walked by 3 times by 3 different people before anyone even acknowledged that we were there. When we were taken to our table, it was a two person table in a corner next to a high wall almost like a balcony where the table on top could stare right down at us - not a nice table at all.

It took our server a good 10 minutes to greet us and take a drink order and from what we were able to observe it appeared that she only had 3 tables.

When we received our food, about 40 minutes after we ordered it was very disappointing. The food looked nothing like was depicted in the menu and I had ordered a side of rice and beans and the server had spilled half of the beans off the plate so I could not eat them. My boyfriend's meal was terrible - the value of the meal was not there and it was not cooked properly to what he had specified, his potatoes were also cold. It was $65 that could have been better spent else where.

As a person with a degree in hospitality I would definitely not recommend this restaurant. Overall the experience was terrible - do not waste your time here when there are plenty of other restaurants in Banff to choose from.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ErikaL137
Banff, Canada
“Worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Chilis Grill and Bar at the Fox hotel is HORRIBLE. The food quality does not match the cost of the item. $25 for a Ribeye steak that was mostly fat and very thin, definitely not what I expected when I ordered.

The service was very slow. Server only had 3 tables and took over 40 minutes to receive the meal after we ordered.

If you are looking for a great place to eat while in Banff.... think twice before stopping here. Plenty of great places to choose from.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Justin C
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
“Yes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice restaurant, nice food, nice for having a drink and a snack after skiing.
Unfortunately one time my meal was not as hot as I expected but it was with no hustle taken care of. I felt looked after and taken serious.
Good place to go for margaritas too.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Claudia C
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had been meaning to go to Chilis on all our trips to Banff, and this one had us staying not too far away so we finally gave it a go.

We were more than impressed. The food was amazing. I had the steak fajitas and it was one of the best mexican meals I have had in a long time.

Our server, Jennifer I think, was so lovely. I was really thirsty and without ever having to ask she ensured my club soda was never empty (and I was drinking it really fast!).

• Visited March 2013