“torn on this”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My party of 11 people visited Old spaghetti factory in Banff for a birthday dinner. It was extremely busy so the food came out a little slow (which I expect for an 11 top). The biggest issue I had was our server. She had only brought us 2 bread boards and 2 pitchers of water which were both gone in 2 seconds flat. I asked for more water and another board of bread which never came until the end of the meal. I actually felt bad for her, she seemed really busy or unprepared or poorly trained.....not really sure. But even though there was about 5 managers working that evening, no one helped her. I did feel our server was doing the best she could......just undertrained.
Everyone loved their food and said they couldn't wait to go again...except me. My dish was tasteless and lukewarm. I think I was really frustrated with the service and then when my food came out not hot, I had had enough. Everyone I know raves about this place but I'm afraid I won't be rushing back.
but because of my friends love for this place, I've rated it a 4.

1  Thank reddeerstacey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,869)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My friend and I stopped by for lunch on June 15th. We each chose a different entree and were told that we had a choice of minestrone soup or salad for an appetizer (she chose salad, I chose soup), the food was delicious. Our server Rene was attentive without hovering too much. Our meal also came with a small bowl of ice cream and tea or coffee, although we opted or soda.
Excellent value when you factor in that including drinks, our meals cost under $19 each

1  Thank Dewsbury19
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Shawn, our server, was so accommodating. I am grateful to him. Has good vegetarian food. However, it is on the expensive side and anytime you need to vary from their standard menu or recipe, the dish becomes expensive. Ask for him when you visit.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Popped in for lunch, it was fairly quiet so we got a seat by the window. Chose from the lunch menu which is good value for what you get. Only grumble would be was that the mains arrived before we'd finished our last mouthful of starter. No complaints about the food though.

1  Thank MarDee22
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friends and I had one dinner here and found the meals reasonable. Got heaps to eat and enjoyed the atmosphere.

1  Thank rabbitoh52