“Great lounge, expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rundle Lounge

Rundle Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rundle Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The closest bus stop is located directly out the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Pleasant and bright by day, enchanting and intimate by night, the Rundle Lounge is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy Banff's best mountain views. Travel the world one cocktail at a time with our Fairmont Modern Classics menu, or sip from an extensive selection of international beer, scotch and port. Be sure to sample our seasonally inspired all-day dining menu featuring delicious shareable appetizers, soups, salads, gourmet sandwiches and burgers from the grill.
Tucson, Arizona
“Great lounge, expensive”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I really enjoyed this lounge. Service was great, drinks were nice, but price is really steep. You should expect this though at a fancy hotel AND the lounge has an AMAZING view of the mountains and river. I definitely would have a brew here again + their mixed drinks were very nice.

Visited April 2014
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Rundle Lounge, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed the service and the drinks! We do hope you visit again for a Brew soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
newcastle nsw
“Great atmosphere, terrible service”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My son and I had a casual lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. The location is just beautiful and the food quite good. I'm not sure if the young woman serving us was just having a bad day but her service varied from indifference to rude. A shame that the waitstaff spoiled an otherwise lovely lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your comments, and we are so sorry that your service was not up to par. I will be speaking to the management and ensure we follow up with the server. We do hope to choose to visit again soon!

Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“What she said!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Gorgeous lunch spot indeed! I had fish and chips, which were awesome with a cold glass of beer and my wife had a vegan dish that was brilliant (I finished it off). We had a window seat in Rundle bar with spectacular views of the mountains. My wife and I enjoyed walking around the hotel for a couple of hours. The hotel is amazing and a must visit in Banff.

Canada
“Special diets are no problem for afternoon tea”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just had a delightful afternoon tea yesterday. I was worried because, in addition to having a severe allergy to nuts, I am now on a low salt diet. The staff were very reassuring from start (responding to my email about whether Chef could accommodate my special diet) to finish (packing up the leftovers to take home). Chef's lower sodium substitutions to the savoury treats where just as good as the regular ones - if not better. In addition to the usual warning about potential cross contamination, our server, Bernice, gave a nice description of the relative allergy risk for each item - some came from a nut free facility, others did not. Items with different risk levels were plated on separate tiers and my goodies came on a totally separate cake stand. The reports about the Fairmount's willingness to accommodate special diets are true. How wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy the view.

• Visited April 2014
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Rundle Lounge, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding Afternoon Tea in the Rundle Lounge. We are so glad that you were able to relax and enjoy a delicious meal without having to worry. I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to Bernice and the Culinary Team. We hope to see you again soon!

St. Albert, Alberta
“This places always amazes me”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Every hotel has it's 'place to be'. This is the Rundle Lounge. The food in the lounge is great and the service amazing. Why amazing? Well, our last visit a wedding ceremony had just concluded and wedding guests poured into the lounge (I guess to kill time before the wedding reception). We stepped into the lounge for a late lunch. A waitress noticing that our party of 5 was little 'out of place' amongst wedding guests and desperate for a place to sit. It wasn't her job to be hosting, nor is there a hostess for the lounge. She helped us find, or rather make up, a place to sit, which in the end was quite nice. You just can't put a price on quick thinking staff like that. Sadly we got too wrapped up in our lunch and didn't get the servers name. Just the same, all the staff that day (March 8) in the Rundle Lounge were incredible.

Visited March 2014
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Rundle Lounge, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the Rundle Lounge. We are so glad that you were able to find a seat and enjoy your meal. It makes us so proud to hear wonderful comments about our colleagues! Thank you and we hope to see you back again soon!