“Brunch”
Review of Bow Valley Grill

Bow Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The bus stop is located directly outside the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Savour the very best in authentic Rocky Mountain cuisine at the Bow Valley Grill - home to our legendary weekend brunch. Enjoy majestic views of Banff National Park in a relaxed family friendly atmosphere that celebrates the spirit of the outdoors, with handcrafted sculptures and tables constructed by local Albertan artisans. An impressive open kitchen provides an opportunity to see our talented chefs in action as they create delectable meals using seasonal organic produce and a focus from farm to table. *Please note that the Bow Valley Grill will be closing as of January 01, 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was looking forward to the all-you-can-eat brunch, but at the end of our hike to The Hoodoos we were running out of time to get back before they closed. Fortunately, we found the bus stop and the bus dropped us off 5 minutes before our reservation. Unfortunately, we were a bit sweaty and underdressed, but no one seemed to mind too much!

We got a lovely table overlooking the back lawn and a wedding ceremony on a lovely, albeit windy, afternoon. Our waiter was very accommodating and repeatedly assured us that we could stay and chat as long as we wanted. I would have liked to have seen my orange juice refilled a bit quicker, but the pot of tea was wonderful.

There were many, many food stations; to the point that I knew I hadn't worked hard enough to do everything justice. My omelette were wonderful, and the meats were high quality although a bit overcooked in a few cases. They had medium-sized shrimp, several hot soups, salads, breads, etc.; everything you'd expect but I thought that the dessert menu lacked any to-die-for items, focusing mostly on those small "tasters". Of course, that didn't stop me from sampling several of them, but few were good enough to actually finish.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you very much for you feedback. We will certainly pass on your comments to our culinary team as we are always striving to be the best!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked a table weeks ago and requested a table with a view, which I got. Service was good and the choice was excellent. Everything we tried was very good and a lovely things do whilst on holiday near Banff. Thought it was reasonably priced and would certainly recommend.

1  Thank PebsDorset
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding Brunch at the Bow Valley Grill. We are so pleased you choose to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday with us!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Though I haven't been back to Banff for a couple years I felt I must tell all of the best dining experience I have ever encountered.
It was like a dream dinner with everything coming together to form Perfection.
The wild game entree is by far the best meal I have ever been served. The Elk and Venison were cooked to perfection, the game hen was of a good size and melted in your mouth. White asparagus is something else I had never tried and they were superb. The wine list extensive and the waiter was a great help in pairing. I have never seen such an extensive dessert bar from Baked Alaska to simple cookies and everything in between. The Waiter was wonderful, professional and knowledgeable. The scenery out the large windows was breath taking. I have actually dreamed of this place. It is without any doubt 5 diamond.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your dining experience in the Bow Valley Grill. We are very appreciative of your comments and will share them with the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

On our recent trip to Banff, having brunch here was one of the highlights for me. And that says a lot, because Banff is so beautiful and there is so much to do! The history of this hotel, the setting, and the fabulous food combines to make a perfect meal. We went to brunch on Saturday, which was nice because it wasn't as crowded as I've heard Sunday brunch is. The food was amazing. I only wish I could have tried more of it, because the selection is huge and covers everything from macaroni and cheese to baked brie with cranberry sauce. Great selection of main dishes, and the desserts are to die for. If you are going to Banff, put this on your "to do" list, and you'll be glad you did!

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding Brunch in the Bow Valley Grill. We are delighted that it was the highlight of your trip and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Once, a dozen or more years ago, one could enjoy the brunch whilst viewing the wonderful mountainous scenery. Now, all dining is within the (nearly) windowless confines of the Bow Valley Grill.

The food remains very good - with an exceptionally wide variety of offerings.

It's still very much worth the trip, however when one tabulates the Park entrance fee, fuel, parking, and time - and the irony of no view - you may want to have other activities in mind for the trip.

2  Thank ndsci

Thank you very much for your comments regarding Brunch. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and service. If it's a view you are after you should join us for Afternoon Tea in the Upper Rundle Lounge. It has spectacular views of the Mountains and the Bow Valley! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!