“Exquisite Dinning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bow Valley Grill

Bow Valley Grill
The Fairmont Banff Springs | 405 Spray Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1J4, Canada
+1 403-762-6860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 136 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Gluten Free, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The bus stop is located directly outside the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Savour the very best in authentic Rocky Mountain cuisine at the Bow Valley Grill - home to our legendary weekend brunch. Enjoy majestic views of Banff National Park in a relaxed family friendly atmosphere that celebrates the spirit of the outdoors, with handcrafted sculptures and tables constructed by local Albertan artisans. An impressive open kitchen provides an opportunity to see our talented chefs in action as they create delectable meals using seasonal organic produce and a focus from farm to table.
Prince George, British Columbia
“Exquisite Dinning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary with dinner in this beautiful dinning room. We were given a table overlooking the courtyard and we were amazed to see a deer graze and watch us eat our dinner from the window seating. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in a romantic setting. We enjoyed dinner so much that we came back for breakfast and enjoyed the buffet. Soo much food and a great selection.Most memorable and we look forward to coming back.

2 Thank ASpencer19

• Korean first
Louisiana
“Googt food and great environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had dinner on the night of Thanksgiving. It was a buffet, but it was an extraordinary layout of a variety of good foods including the traditional turkey and dressing. Also some very good pasta and meat choices. A very good meal for the night.

1 Thank French S
Toronto
“Save your money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were staying in the area and thought it would be fun to try their brunch offerings. Food was buffet-style, dried out, with a limited selection of boring items. Our waitress was reluctant to clear our plates, and tried to remove our cutlery, asking "Are you going to eat more?" She asked each of us the same question in turn, as if she thought it distasteful for us to want to actually have more food. The only good things were the fresh orange juice and the coffee. The outdoor surroundings are lovely, and it's a great place for a hike, but I strongly recommend you opt to eat elsewhere. There are lots of places in the area with much better fare and much more reasonable prices.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank drjps
Calgary, Canada
“Food's always great, thanksgiving is special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Always good service, excellent food. We love the thanksgiving buffet, saves me from making dinner and we get a nice day out in Banff. Brunch is really good there too. Higher prices during special times but for what you get to eat (seafood, dessert) it's worth every penny.

3 Thank FluffyBunnyFeet
“Superb Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I made reservations in advance for a Sunday brunch as I was visiting Banff & Jasper for a week. I read reviews that the wknd brunch at Fairmount Banff Springs Hotel was not to be missed- I certainly was not disappointed! From the moment I stepped into the lovely dining area I was captivated by both the atmosphere and the plethora of food choices awaiting us. There was a hostess who took us to our spacious booth near the buffet section and our server was exceptionally friendly & the attentive.

However, the real jewel is the choice and quality of food selection- there are so many choices you don't know where to start first from the smoked trout/salmon , eggs Benedict, an omelette station, delicious fresh jumbo shrimp, fresh fruits, exotic vegetables and a choice of juices and a pot of hot steaming coffee to complement your meal.

My most memorable part of the meal was the juicy shrimp and the smoked trout along with the heavenly desserts. It may seem pricey at $45 CD per person but I thought it was well worth it. I wanted to eat more but I was planning to hike at Yoho National Park that day so I didn't want to overstuff myself. A nice walk of the hotel grounds was a perfect way to walk off the good with great views of the mountains and the springs in the back. This buffet brunch was comparable to that of Las Vegas Bellagio buffet but I prefer the ambiance and service here.

The hotel itself is well worth a pit stop even if you don't plan to dine or stay on premises- you won't regret it!

• 4 of 5 stars