“Best Ribs”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Best Ribs”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I order ribs everywhere I go as they are not common in Australia and I love them, and these are one of the best I've had in Canada, so so tender they were a delicious mess to eat! The service was fine and atmosphere was nice, but the ribs were a high light!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Nelson, NZ
“Good pub meal”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate here on our second night in Banff. The atmosphere was noisy but as the place was full that was to be expected. Nicely cooked food, fairly priced drinks and good service. As others have said, it is not fine dining but good food at a good price. We had intended to have dessert but the generous portions meant we did not have room. My husband enjoyed watching the sports and I enjoyed watching the people - who all looked happy.

• Visited September 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I just got to banff today and after a long flight from Maryland, we ate at this place and loved it. I had the Canadian pizza and he had a ribeye. The ribeye was so tender you didn't really need a knife to cut it. The pizza was awesome with homemade pizza sauce. Service was great and very attentive.

• Visited October 2013
“How many chances does one place deserve??”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We have lived in the bow valley for years, and as we work in hospitality, we enjoy dining out a lot. We have tried this place time and time again and it's been nothing short of horrendous each time. Our visit today will definitely be our last. We arrived to a relatively empty restaurant and made it known to our waitress we were in a hurry because we had to return to work in a little under an hour. Not a problem we were told. We ordered a wrap and a gluten free chicken sandwich as all the burgers have bread crumbs in them, an extra $3 charge. We ordered at separate times so separate delivery times was expected. What wasn't expected was the long wait time for everything to arrive. The fries were cold, so salty you could hardly eat them, soup was delicious but luke warm and the gluten free bun was the worst I've ever had and fell apart before I could finish what was inside of it. We sat with empty drinks, desperate for water to wash down the dry bun and salty fries but no waitress in sight to even flag down. We sat with empty plates for a long time before finally having to follow the waitress around to get a bill so we could rush back to work. To be honest I'm sure my boyfriend was probably late returning for his shift. This has pretty much summed up our last four to five visits, and I'm done giving more chances!

Alberta
“Great place to eat, drink and watch sports”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been here a few time this past summer and is a great spot to go to watch a game on tv as there are many in the pub and the food is really tasty. Pizza is great and the beer is well...its beer! Glourious Beer!

• Visited September 2013