“GOOD PUB FOOD”

Ranked #35 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

elk nachoes and wings are a home run, usually have great drink specials, not to mention a great mountain view.

1  Thank paul m

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been to the Elk a number of times over the years, and it never disappoints!

Great atmosphere, and great beers. It is the place to go to watch a game!

The food is phenomenal, and I am a fan of their tomato soup and Elk and Bison burgers.

As I mentioned, I have been here like 100 times, and I have always been served well. The food has always been top. I have never left hungry or disappointed with either quality or service.

1  Thank Gazpacho16
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a great pub that always has some sport playing and great food. The only sad thing I can say is they changed up there meat platter to something less epic. Don’t let this stop you from stopping in to eat, drink and enjoy the atmosphere... our even just people watch from the windows at the passer byers.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Popped in for a meal. It was ok i suppose, nothing special, Good service though. The bar man was a bit off hand with us though when we went to sit at the bar after our meal.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My hubby & I are regular visitors to Banff & have tried many different places to eat & drink, the Elk started out really good, reasonably priced beers & food, good menu & food, typical fare is burgers, salads, steaks, fries, etc.

Service is always good & friendly.
However we have eaten there on a few occasions more recently when the food has been mediocre, quality not as good & arrives cold from the kitchen.
We will however go back & try again as there's always a good atmosphere & it's a good spot for people watching.

1  Thank jellydog