“not the best”

and up
Johnston Canyon Icewalk
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Banff Tours provides small personalized tours in Banff National Park. We offer activities in both summer and winter for individuals and groups. Our tours are smaller giving you plenty of time to chat with our friendly, local and professionally trained guides.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“not the best”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We did the Banff and Lake Louise tour. I will be honest...it wasn't what we were expecting. We thought we would get an actual tour of Lake Louise and Banff. But all they did was drive us to the Chateau Lake Louise hotel and left us there for 4 hours to look around ourselves.
The lake was beautiful and there were some activities to do including ice skating, snow shoeing and a sleigh ride. There were also some shops at the hotel however they were very expensive so we couldnt afford to buy anything there. So we were pretty bored sitting around the hotel. I probably wouldn't have booked the tour if I knew it was just going to be that.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Drayton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Banff and Lake Louise”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

MIA was delightful, the scenery was stunning.
Hot chocolate and a cookie were most welcome half way through the tour.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank susanmul
Farmington, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very refreshing and enriching experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The tour through the beautiful icy Johnston Canyon was lead by a very entertaining and knowledgeable guide. He provided us with a wide range of information from how to stay warm on-25C to how the Rocky mountains have been formed.

1 Thank serban12
Buenos Aires, Argentina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent to discover this beautiful town”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I took the guide to discover the sightseeing of the town where I m living. Really, It was very intersting, I could see a lot of animals and I really deeper into the Banff's history. The guy who was the guide was excellent, he is very knowledgable about the wildlife and the town. I visited Hoodoos, Bow Falls, Lake Minewaka, Surprise Corner and Fairmont Banff Spring.
Of course you can visit this places without the tour, but is really interesting realize it with someone who knows about the history, wildlife and tips.

1 Thank Sleilas
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great overview tour!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I took the fall tour and had a fantastic time. It was a great way to see many of the sites around Banff in a limited time, especially if, like me, you're a little bit nervous about driving a rental car in the snow. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that during the slow season (I went in November) , the tours may not go every day. They have a minimum number of people for the tour to go out, and this is not always met. So, be sure to call ahead to make sure the date you'd like to go is actually heading out.

Visited November 2013