“Icefield & Glacier Tour”

Discover Banff Tours
$49.51*
Winter Tour: Banff and its Wildlife
Ranked #3 of 31 Tours in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Banff Tours provides small personalized tours in Banff National Park. We offer activities in both summer and winter for individuals and groups. Our tours are smaller giving you plenty of time to chat with our friendly, local and professionally trained guides.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

What an awesome trip I had along the Icefield Parkway to some incredible lakes, glaciers and icefields! Nate, our guide, was also awesome. He was very knowledgeable and had a lot of interesting stories to share. I'd definitely recommend this trip, and Nate as the tour guide, to anyone visiting the Canadian Rockies.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just finished a great tour of these beautiful lakes and the mountains between Banff and the lakes. Our tour guide, Nate, was very knowledgeable and very interesting. He knew so much of the history as well as the facts and figures and had some good stories of people's experiences.
I can't imagine going on my own to those lakes and trying to park - it was so nice to be dropped off right at the site and have that great background knowledge to make our enjoyment of the site even greater. I highly recommend Discover Banff Tours. As a Meeting Planner, I would highly recommend them to my meeting attendees.

1  Thank Peggy P
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were picked up promptly at our hotel for the Icefields Parkway Tour. We had made the arrangements online before we left and it was very easy. We had 4 families on this trip and we didn't want follow each other in 4 different cars to see the sights. We loved the small size of the group (approximately 18) and the blue vans. For us, it was so much more fun than being one of many on one of the large tour buses.

Our guide, Jeff, was very knowledgeable and seemed to really enjoy sharing his love of the park with us. He brought maps, pictures, glacial sand, and other "props" to tell his story. We could have driven this ourselves, but would not have learned and enjoyed so much.

1  Thank thor171
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Our driver on two of the trips was Hugh. Nice and very informative. The second trip had to be altered because of the high volume of traffic. Hugh made lemonade out of lemons and saved the trip with an excellent back-up plan. Also did the 2 hr horseback riding and that was also good. The two bus tours picked us up right at our campground.

1  Thank corvettegirl07
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I wanted to visit the Athabasca Glacier while in Banff, so my travel company, Fresh Tracks Canada set me up with Discover Banff Tours and their Glacier Trail 9+hour tour of the Icefields Parkway and the Columbia Icefield. Discover Banff conducts small group tours and we were so lucky to have a very small group the day I went. Mia, our guide, arrived in a comfortable Mercedes van and we were off. It was so incredible. Mia told us story after story and answered any question we had with extreme knowledge of the history and geography of the area. We stopped along the way at Crowfoot Glacier, Bow Lake, Mistaya Canyon, (which was a plus and not generally on the tour, but our group was so small we were ahead of schedule), Peyto Lake, plus many other photo opportunities on the way. Take the Ice Explorer Snocoach right onto the Athabasca Glacier was surreal. I recommend this tour company for anything you want to do while you are in Banff. You will not be disappointed. It was awesome!

1  Thank WVVickster