“Marble Canyon Snowshoeing with Magda”

Discover Banff Tours
$50.53*
Winter Tour: Banff and its Wildlife
Ranked #3 of 31 Tours in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Banff Tours provides small personalized tours in Banff National Park. We offer activities in both summer and winter for individuals and groups. Our tours are smaller giving you plenty of time to chat with our friendly, local and professionally trained guides.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on the snowshoeing trip and were completely satisfied with the experience! Magda was insanely personable and amazing and made everyone so comfortable right away. She really went out of her way to make the experience unique and told us some interesting historical and geographical facts about the area. She is amazing at her job and we would both recommend her to anyone.
As for the trip itself, we drove out and got our snowshoes fastened and then hiked up the trail at Marble Canyon. Amazing scenery and very cool with the ice formations and burnt out forest. Magda allowed us to go off the trail and explore while she boiled up some maple syrup and we all got to have maple candy that had been poured out onto the snow. Such a great Canadian experience!
Amazing all around, definitely do this if you can.

1  Thank Kirsten L

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I did a few adventures with these guys and it is well worth it.

1. Ski School Norquay - full day snowboarding with an instructor, including transport and hireage of gear. I was lucky that I was the only one on that day so I had an instructor to myself. Amazing day!
2. Johnson Canyon ice walk (night) was really great. Only downfall is that its really hard to take great photos at night. Includes hot choc, ghost stories and poems (thanks Hugh). Will is very knowledgeable, makes it fun and is happy to answer any questions as well as being a great driver in snowy conditions :)

Staff are really friendly from booking the tour, and the tour guides themselves are very high quality. Always check the special deals that are on at the time.

1  Thank Leese D
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I did this walk with Anick as guide and had a wonderful time. She is awesome at explaining all sort of interesting thing. The walk is not too fast and the scenery is just mind blowing. This was an excellent experience and I recommend this to anyone who like to walk in the wild.

1  Thank MobileSam
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went on a showshoe tour on March 1, 2013 and was one of the highlights of the 24hr trip! As prepared as we were for the trip one of us didn't have snow boots...but the tour group is great as they had a pair to borrow. Off we went and with one of us pregnant we all still managed to keep up and enjoy the activity. Jeff Samson was our guide and was very hospitable, knowledgeable and passionate about the tour. We made our own fresh tracks after walking the canyon and stopped for some maple toffee in the snow. Highly recommend this tour for any level of experience and health.

2  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently did the Johnston canyon ice walk. The tour was with Annik and Hugh. Both guides were very knowledgeable about everything you could imagine in regards to the walk and how the canyon itself was formed. They welcomed questions and were more then happy to answer everything you wanted to know. The walk up took about an hour and a half , and the walk down is at your own pace but for me it was roughly 45 mins. If you do opt to walk down at your own pace you can stop and take more pictures/ see the areas you want to again or chat with either guide and get more information as you walk with them down. For the walk itself, Along the way they stopped and gave ample time for everyone to take pictures and explained all the ice formations and even some bonus facts about the rock formations(Which I found interesting). The hot chocolate and cookies were a pleasant treat right before reaching the large falls too. I did have some concerns though that I will list below in my cons section of the review. Overall, The tour was very insightful, views and scenes were great and I would recommend it.

Pros:
Knowledgeable guides

Tour was at a pace that everyone could keep up with (My group included every demographic from young to old and fit to fat)

Stop for picture breaks

Safe paths up and down

Cons:
$60cdn for essentially grips on your boots, hot chocolate with cookies and a ride to and from your hotel. The grips on the boots were essential for making it up though as everyone without them was having a hard time.

Was expecting more from the ice falls themselves (Not to say they aren't cool) but if your really into ice formations you’ll appreciate them for what they are.

Annik was a Montreal Canadians fan ;)

2  Thank ETownCam