“Great place!”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Banff Caribou
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Banff Caribou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great steaks, a casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are the proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. The Keg is a casual steakhouse with a contemporary flavor - an attractive combination for any occasion.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

this restaurant is one of the best places to grab a steak in banff. If you are on holiday in banff then i suggest you check this place out. Best in the evenings because of its atmosphere!

1 Thank ChrisSymonds

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton
“Among Banff's best places to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Having been to several Keg restaurants across Alberta, I find steak lovers can’t really go wrong with this chain. Not the fanciest, or the greatest steakhouses but very affordable and consistently very good food and drinks. Didn’t write any reviews for other Kegs, however I find this location at the Cariboo Lodge stand out from others and deserves a positive review. They have an above average ambiance, nice decor that blends well with Banff, clean cutlery, excellent and genuinely amicable staff, efficient and friendly courteous servers and non-pushy (no phony “Is everything OK?” interruptions) who deserve good tips, and great steaks!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Aalbertan
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Some of the best food I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ate hear while staying at the Banff Caribou Lodge in September, the staff were welcoming and friendly and the food is some of the best I have ever tasted.
The steaks are the best!
Would not hesitate to recomend this place to people and I do!
Would go back for sure without a doubt!

Visited September 2012
cornwall uk
“Cracking steak!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have eaten at a fair few Kegs now but I have to say that this location was excellent, far better than the downtown location. We both had the filet mignon albeit hubby had a blue cheese topping and I had the bacon wrapped one. Both cooked to perfection as requested. The caesar salad to start was more than enough for both of us (it came as part of the classic meal) plus the meal comes with bread which is served warm. The tourist resorts also charge more for their meals eg. Calgary was around $3/$4 cheaper per item and the wine a couple of dollars less per glass of wine. All in all, a fab meal once again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank vicsoz
Cork
“Good holy moly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

After reading the reviews we were unsure if we should head here for something to eat but as it's right next door to our Hotel we thought, why not. We were not disappointed.

We ordered Prime Rib sandwich and a steak sandwich and my boyfriend who considers himself something of an expert on anything meat related, being a butchers son was moved to tears by his meal and I came close. The portion size was perfect, enough to fill you right up but not so large you ended wasting half of it or felt uncomfortable trying to move afterwards.

Normally I struggle to eat a meal when out in a restaurant but before I knew it my plate was cleared and I was left sighing happily.

The service was good, the waiter was friendly and informative and fairly attentive.

Inside it was quiet and relaxed, the decor was perfectly appropriate and really set the tone of the room.

I really can't recommend this highly enough. The Kiwi Tini was delicious and refreshing and if you feel the need for desert the fudge brownie is beautiful too.

Price wise, I found it expensive ( I'm quite reluctant to spend too much money on eating out) but absolutely worth every penny.

• Visited January 2013