“Cracking steak!!”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Banff Caribou
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Banff Caribou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great steaks, a casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are the proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. The Keg is a casual steakhouse with a contemporary flavor - an attractive combination for any occasion.
cornwall uk
“Cracking steak!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have eaten at a fair few Kegs now but I have to say that this location was excellent, far better than the downtown location. We both had the filet mignon albeit hubby had a blue cheese topping and I had the bacon wrapped one. Both cooked to perfection as requested. The caesar salad to start was more than enough for both of us (it came as part of the classic meal) plus the meal comes with bread which is served warm. The tourist resorts also charge more for their meals eg. Calgary was around $3/$4 cheaper per item and the wine a couple of dollars less per glass of wine. All in all, a fab meal once again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank vicsoz

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Cork
“Good holy moly”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

After reading the reviews we were unsure if we should head here for something to eat but as it's right next door to our Hotel we thought, why not. We were not disappointed.

We ordered Prime Rib sandwich and a steak sandwich and my boyfriend who considers himself something of an expert on anything meat related, being a butchers son was moved to tears by his meal and I came close. The portion size was perfect, enough to fill you right up but not so large you ended wasting half of it or felt uncomfortable trying to move afterwards.

Normally I struggle to eat a meal when out in a restaurant but before I knew it my plate was cleared and I was left sighing happily.

The service was good, the waiter was friendly and informative and fairly attentive.

Inside it was quiet and relaxed, the decor was perfectly appropriate and really set the tone of the room.

I really can't recommend this highly enough. The Kiwi Tini was delicious and refreshing and if you feel the need for desert the fudge brownie is beautiful too.

Price wise, I found it expensive ( I'm quite reluctant to spend too much money on eating out) but absolutely worth every penny.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Sleepisam
Calgary, Canada
“Just another Keg”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the Keg on our way through Banff. We were sat at the back it was cold. The Calamari was lacking flavour if it wasn't for the fried jalapeño with it could have been fried rubber. My wife had the blue cheese filet it was excellent. I had BBQ chicken the taste was good nothing special. The stuffed potato is always good but how can you mess up potato, butter, sour cream & bacon. My daughter had the Thai chicken it was horrible.

1 Thank jhmadsen
“Amazing meal”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Steak was top notch, desert was even better. One of the best meals we have had in Banff so far... Special mention to Keith who helped us out with the best picks off the menu, great service

4 Thank Michael M
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

food poor on both times we ate here. very expensive for very little quality,. service average but the bar staff are the best. 5* for the staff

Visited December 2012