“affordable!! best sushi in alberta!”

Japanese Restaurant Miki
Ranked #103 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“affordable!! best sushi in alberta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

As the others had commented, our waitress was not speaking fluent English, but she did great job and we enjoyed yummy sushi & tempura(All you can eat / only $30!) in comfy atmosphere.
We are japanese food lovers and tried a lot of Japanese restaurants, but most of them were [fake] ones like owned by Chinese or Korean...etc. I believe that MIKI is owned by the well traind Japanese sushi sheff. If you want to have real japanese cuisine, we would highly recommend MIKI!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Amyktym

Saskatoon, Canada
“All you can eat can't be beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Epic meal time. It's about quantity as much as it is about quality. Sure you may not get the secret royal golden pufferfish medley but you will get a huge amount of awesomeness during one of their all you can eat evenings. Interesting and memorable surroundings in the round room.

Perfect place for a group of friends to eat somewhere different.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank roger f
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Hey Miki you're so fine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We come back here every year for our fill of all you can eat sushi. The tempura is light and delicious. The sushi fresh. The service is friendly and the staff very happy to help first timers enjoy their meal by avoiding the most strong tasting sushi and managing to order the right amount without too much. The "pay for what you can't eat" rule helps avoid waste and the repeat ordering allows you to fine tune to your stomache's maximum requirements. A great protein treat.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Trekbud
Lloydminster, Canada
“Excellent evening, new dining experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Definatey a great dining experience. Not sure what and how much to order, but we were not disappointed and tried some unique different things. Would definitely go back.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank T K
Edmonton
“Never Again-Most Horrible Dining Exprience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Poor sevice. Most restaurant servers will guide you when ordering. Two waitresses could not speak English. I decided to try their shushi buffet. All I could understand was that I would have to pay if I could not eat all that I ordered. When I asked if I ordered too much, I could not get an answer. When the bill came I almost had a cardiac arrest. The charge for the uneaten sushi was more than the $30 buffet charge. The sheets on which you place your order indicate that a single order is a bite size piece. True, if you are a rice-loving hippo. If it was not for the pickled ginger, wasabi and soya sauce there would be nothing to taste but rice. The quantity of each special filling was miniscual. My wife and I have dined at many different eating establishments in many different countries and have never experienced anything like this.
I did manage to make my point with someone in authority who understood English and I was able to settle on a more reasonable bill. Yes, I have at times felt some restaurants were overpriced and the service was not the best but I have never felt that I was ripped off like this place. It was an embarassing dining experience. I cannot even give Miki's one star.

• Visited February 2013