“One Word: Chateaubriand”

Ranked #37 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cozy atmosphere! Tapas, Chateaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went to El Toro on the recommendation of our hotel. We were so glad that they suggested it. We decided to order the Chateaubriand For Two. I have to say that it was most definitely the best beef I've ever had in my life. It just melted in your mouth - and what a flavour. It's prepared at your table which is kind of fun. The only negative thing that I could say about our meal was that we both found the Caesar salad a little bland, but the main course more than made up for it. If we're ever in Banff again, we'll definitely be going there and I already know what I'm ordering!

1  Thank Santorini Dreamin'
There are newer reviews for El Toro Restaurant

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Following other comments from T.A. we chose to have breakfast at El Toro having paid over the odds the previous morning at the hotel we were staying at.
This was a very good decision. Good choice,attentive service and an acceptable price made for a most enjoyable breakfast.
The food was of a very good quality,hot and served with a smile. I have no reservation in recommending it.

1  Thank Dane S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

i made a reservation for me and my wifes 8 year anniversery and was amazed with the whole dinner, i would go again, our waitress was one of the best. next time were in banff were gonna try the breakfast

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good breakfast. Good service. Fresh fruit, good coffee, good menu.
I'll consider this restaurant for breakfast next time I'm in Banff.

1  Thank Mel C
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The restaurant combines great service with very tasty meals. Although the portions are not always very large, it tasted delicious. The dessert are phenomenal (perfect chocolate soufflé)! It is also correctly priced, not the cheapest restaurant around but totally worth it!!!

1  Thank Maarten92