“Good - could be great”

Ranked #37 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cozy atmosphere! Tapas, Chateaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This has the makings of a great restaurant. Service was good, food was good including the chateaubriand with perfectly cooked veggies. Caesar salad with real bacon. Background music was great. Decor is OK, but could use a little jazzing up and perhaps real plants. I would lose the vinyl tablecloths for dinner. Some tapas could use a little garnish/colour (specifically the manchego). Bread struck me as supermarket baguette. I did notice a number of small children at dinner that may influence management's choices.

1  Thank The_Cowtowners
There are newer reviews for El Toro Restaurant

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went for Tuesday tapas, $5 each. I had olives and also a stuffed portabello mushroom. Mushroom was outstanding and huge! Mom had ham & cheese crostini with greens, definitely worth the $5, and my husband had corn chips and salsa. The Tuesday $5 special has limited choices... not all of the tapas they serve. There were only 2 or 3 that had meat. Still, good experience. They serve breakfast 7 - 11am, and their dinner menu is not overpriced. Beautiful inside and great service.

1  Thank tlhjar
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I ate here lots of times during my 3 month stay in Banff - usually good food, and speedy service - and as we were a big group they organised a buffet style serving for us which was great.

The staff were very helpful and tried to cater for special requests. The bar in El Toro was very nice and welcome after a hard day on the slopes!

1  Thank KathrynC19
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went to Banff and had dinner at El Toro and it was a great experience. Very good tapas and beef steak, as well.

Also good wine list and service.

We highly recommend it!

1  Thank 2Calgarians
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I live in Banff, and this is my favorite restaurant in town. For breakfast the breakfast burrito is amazing and for dinner I love to go Mondays for Mexican $12 and Thursday for Chateaubriand for two $55, they also have a fantastic lamb shoulder. My servers have always been extreamly plesent, helpful and enjoyable. The music they play makes you wanna do a salsa dance. It is hands down the best place in Banff for great food made fresh!

2  Thank Ontariogirl87