“Wonderful Evening”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Edmonton, AB
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I wanted a nice restaurant to celebrate our anniversary in May. We decided on Ticino and made a reservation. My husband had never tried fondue before so we thought this would be a great place as they have a great selection on their menu even if he decided he didn't want to try fondue.

We arrived just after the restaurant opened and were seated in a table next to the windows. We each had soup to start - both soups were very flavorable (one mushroom & the other minestrone), we then shared an appetizer of snails (something my husband tried for the first time) - delicious! We then ordered the beef fondue. We really enjoyed the meal. My husband thought he would not have enough to eat, but by the time we finished, he was full and very surprised. We even had dessert and a special coffee to finish off.

The service was not rushed at all so we had plenty of time to talk and enjoy each other's company.

The one comment I have is that when we emailed for our reservation, I mentioned that it was our anniversary. Most restaurants provide complimentary dessert or special coffee for special occasions, but nothing was offered or mentioned. Not a problem though, we still had an enjoyable evening.

The restaurant itself was a bit dated, but clean. Would recommend if you are interested in trying fondue for the first time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank hawaiihound

“Good food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wasn’t our first choice but it turned out to be great! During high season so many fondue places have full booking that if you decide to go in the spur of the moment you are left out. This place had a table for us so we took it!

The waiter was fantastic, the fondue was delicious although wasn’t big enough. Cheaper than other fondue places!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Leticia G
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“What a neat twist”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The service and fillet steak was awesome.The portion was just enough and staff attended to our every need.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Arnold B
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding food in a gorgeous landscape”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Recently, we had dinner at this restaurant in Banff and it was easily one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had. Service was EXCELLENT and the atmosphere is beautifully European. The meal was outstanding - would definitely recommend the chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese. Superb wine list. All the way around, an outstanding experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank amguest954
Calgary, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food and friendly service!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I really enjoyed my latest meal at Ticinos. The service was great and very friendly and the food was awesome. The cheese fondue will keep me coming back! Reminds me of traveling in Europe.

• Visited April 2014