“Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 136 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, European, Gluten Free
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Description: The Terrace is excited and proud to present it's transformation into La Terrazza. Our new menu offers freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Banff.
Banff, Canada
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I dinned here for our Anniversary last week. We were greeted by a very gracious and warm server who seated us promptly and took our drink orders straight away. The menu has just changed for the season so I was excited to see and try some new things on there. I started with the orange seared scallops (I do love my seafood) which came with ginger, some really crispy slaw, beet and tarragon foam. It was so light and fresh! For my main I ordered the dorade which came with a lobster foam and celery root puree. My fish was cooked perfectly and had crispy skin. Really, really delicious. My husband had the tasting menu which consisted of duo of duck, soup, pork belly with a white bean puree, and crème brule made with yogurt instead of cream all accompanied with the wine pairings. Portions were really good and the pairings were spot on; almost too much food for me though. I find I am never able to eat the side vegetables on my plate as my actual main is very satisfying. The only negative about my dinner in particular was my dessert which I thought was really poor; pear and fig tart. It came lukewarm and tasted really bitter. I don’t normally put too much thought in dessert as it is but I find the quality of the dessert election not on par with the standards of the food from the kitchen itself. Another great evening!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank hnphil

Red Deer, Canada
“Lounge drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stopped by the Terrace Lounge in the Banff Park Lodge. We go there just for the Mojitos! They make a basil or mint mojitos. The best I have ever had!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Anne J
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious beef tenderloin!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Terrace is a wonderful restaurant located inside the Banff Park Lodge. The last time I visited I had the beef tenderloin and it was fantastic! Really delicious and cooked to perfection! The atmosphere is very cozy and intimate and the service was exceptional. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice dinner out in Banff!

3 Thank AngelaB18
Edmonton, Alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful atmosphere, warm service and outstanding food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Been to The Terrace on several occasions. It is always a easy decision for friends and family to enjoy a delicious meal out.
The prices are reasonable for fine dining.
King Salmon is my personal favourite!

1 Thank 114travelgal
Calgary, Canada
“A perfect spot for a girls night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Sometimes all you need for a great girls night out is great company, but in our case, not only did we have great company, but we also had a delicious meal and some fun, flirty drinks!

The quality of the food and service was exceptional. The price-point is mid to high, but considering the presentation and flavors in the food, and that our wine glasses were always full, it was worth every penny. The restaurant itself is tucked away, but it is inviting and sneaks you away from on the hustle bustle of the busy hotel lobby. My favorite part of the Terrace was their great little martini/cocktail bar. The serve up the classics, but also a wide array of twists! There is an art to making the perfect drink, and it's fun to watch while sitting along the bar.

We all enjoyed our evening at the Terrace, and I will definitely visit again my next time in Banff!

• 3 of 5 stars