“Fantastic Find!!!!”
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Description: The Terrace is excited and proud to present it's transformation into La Terrazza. Our new menu offers freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Banff.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had an absolutely outstanding meal with 8 family members on Christmas Eve this year! The menu has something to satisfy every taste from young (5 years) to the birthday boy (71) . We were particularly impressed with the extensive gluten free menu that was required for 2 in our party. We began with cocktails in the lounge and enjoyed handcrafted drinks featuring fresh juices that are a rarity in most places these days. For appetizers we shared the venison carpaccio (delicious!), escargot en croute, and the scallops in buckwheat crepes. The bread baskets with fresh olive, goat cheese and lime butter was to die for (they also had a separate basket of gluten free bread - unheard of!). Entrees ordered were the elk, lamb, pumpkin ravioli, tenderloin, the sauces were excellent and everyone was a winner. The wine list is extensive, the staff knowledgable and helpful but not overbearing. We were too full for dessert but will definitely return to try. The decor was tastefully done in a holiday theme which added to our overall experience.
This is a place that we will be returning to again and again!

5  Thank bisou1972

Reviewed December 16, 2012

About 5 minutes after we were seated at a nice table and started looking at the menu a large group (20 people) were seated right behind us. They were so loud I couldn't hear myself think let alone carry on a conversation with my wife.

The wait staff couldn't/wouldn't change our seats as other seats were "specifically" reserved for other people.

2  Thank Forever_Fifty
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went to The Terrace as the first stop of our Banff Bon Appetit vacation! What a perfect way to start things off.. We were seated in the corner of the restaurant which was private and romantic. The server was extremely helpful and the whole experience was "fancy"! My boyfriend and I each loved our selections from the Bon Appetit menu! Just delicious. My boyfriend had a Fall Salad to start which was really to die for -- the smoked bacon really was a highlight for the whole meal! I had Pumpkin Ravioli, Pork Belly, and Apple & Raisin Crumble... Everything was amazing. I'll definitely eat here again!

1  Thank AlliFirefly
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I tried the 5 course meal and its worth it. My husband has seared scallops and elk. Excellent dishes! Chef and waitresses are very kind, they offered my husband a free black current granite while they were preparing the next course.

5 Course meal $49
- Due of Duck Praline of Foie Gras & House Smoked Duck
- Green Asparagus Veloutee with seared scallop & bacon
- Blackcurrent Granite
- Lamb Due Sous-vide Lamb Shoulder & Rack of Lamb with Boursin Risotto, Ratatouille and Vegetable
- Yogurt Cream Brulee with Dark Chocolate & Almond

Appetizer: Seared Scallops on buckwheat crepes with leek foudue $13
Entree: Elk Medallions on cranberry and chestnut chutney with brandy jue served with coffee infused mashed potatoes $37

1  Thank JackieTse
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were staying at the Bow View Lodge, a sister property of the Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel. Made reservations and had a delightful, delicious dinner. We were seated at a large picture window with a wonderful view. The wait staff was attentive, but not overbearing. Overall, an enjoyable, romantic experience.

3  Thank Joseph T