“Mountain splendor; old Banff luxury”
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Description: The Terrace is excited and proud to present it's transformation into La Terrazza. Our new menu offers freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Banff.
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

On a clear warm day, lunch is a bargain. The burger was the best in Western Canada. Alberta prime beef, smoked bacon, mushrooms with substance and a perfect bun. Came with a green salad with glazed walnuts, grapes and blue cheese. The view and the history makes this an unparalleled choice.

1  Thank Constance604

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a fantastic meal at the Terrace when we were in Banff recently. The restaurant is very nicely presented and our waitress was helpful and friendly. I tried the Elk medallions with coffee infused mashed potato - It was a fantastic. The elk was cooked to perfection and the coffee mashed potato was amazing (I don't even drink coffee normally!). This restaurant was a bit more expensive than some others but the quality of the food was definitely worth it. This was probably our favourite restaurant that we went to while we were travelling in the Rockies.

2  Thank JaneLondon_UK
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had butternut squash soup and the king salmon entree. The soup tasted more like tomato bisque. Both courses were good. My wife had the garden salad and the pumpkin ravioli entree. She thought they were both disappointing. But the thing I will remember most is the very slow service. It took 55 minutes before our entrees arrived. In my opinion one waiter for twenty two diners is understaffed, even with assistance by the host.

2  Thank alpran
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This little restaraunt tucked behind the lounge in the lobby of the Banff Park Lodge was one of the best restaraunts I have ever eaten at. My wife had the tasting menu (5 course) with wine paring. I choose to go with an a la carte 3 course meal with the suggested pairings. Her lamb and salad were both absolutey amazing, and my appy foie gras was delish and the elk tenderloing mouth watering. If you are in Banff and want a great meal at a relatively decent price ($160 total for 2 people), you will not be disappointed here!

4  Thank trevseif
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Banff and overall we enjoyed the dinner. The restaurant is tucked away in the back of the Banff Park Resort hotel and at first it seems like a part of 70s looking lounge bar. The restaurant itself is quite small, so I think on busier nights a reservation is needed. The cocktails that we had were delicious as they were made with fresh fruit from BC. The meals we had (in total we were four people) were hit and miss. One person had the elk tenderloin, another the steak and two of us had the salmon. The salmon dish was definitely overcooked, but the person who had the elk loved it. Some in our group tried the maple creme brulee and loved it. Would recommend it if you had time to also check out some other places as well. Not sure it would be my only pick.

3  Thank Kbear2