“Best Breakfast!”

Tooloulou's
Ranked #9 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tooloulou's is a locally owned and operated restaurant in Banff Alberta. We offer sizeable Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner menu choices with a Cajun Creole touch & some Canadian flair. Full Breakfast menu is served till 2:00pm daily. Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll !)
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We overheard the barista tell a customer that Tooloulou's offers the best breakfast in the area, so of course we had to try it. Glad we did because it was the best breakfast of our trip. I had the Etienne Benedict, which was an eggs Benedict over corned beef hash and a side of home fries. Oh my gosh, that hit the spot! Coffee was delicious and was filled often by our very cheery and sweet waitress. I swear, we had the most excellent service throughout our travels in Jasper and Banff! All the staff we've encountered were international young and friendly people - from Australia, Antigua, Philippines, the UK. I would highly recommend this as a breakfast spot to everyone in Banff. Come early as it is a small restaurant. Very cute Louisiana Creole inspired decor and menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We started with chicken wings in tabasco and luckily shared one portion between us because you get loads.  This was delicious.  OH then had bbq ribs and dirty rice, which he enjoyed and rated the ribs very highly.  I had a wrap featuring chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado.  It was meant to come with ranch sauce and jack cheese, but I requested mine without - a lot of things on the menu do come with cheese and personally, I'm not a fan of the melty plastic stuff.  I still had loads to eat, but disappointingly there wasn't much of the smoky sauce in evidence and the chicken was really cheap and nasty.  Judging by the shape and texture, I'd say it was reconstituted.  A sad contrast with the lovely wings I'd had as a starter.  So, I'd recommend meat on the bone, for the better quality.
It's really nicely decorated with lots of character.

Catherine S, Owner at Tooloulou's, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

We thank you so much for your positive and constructive thoughts about your meals with us here at Tooloulou's. I sincerely wish you had let your server know that you were unhappy with your sandwich wrap.....we would have loved to have the opportunity to correct your dissatisfaction. I can only say at this point that we do actually cook everything from scratch and that the chicken in your wrap was the real thing. I encourange you to contact me personally to further discuss your comments. Again, thank you.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just returned from a 2 week tour of Canada and this was our best meal of the trip. I had ribs with the "dirty rice" and vegetables, my husband had a spicy seafood linguine dish. Both dishes were delicious and the service very friendly.

1  Thank dpbailey
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were looking for somewhere for breakfast and stumbled across this place. Not very many places open for breakfast in Banff. I think the large hotels have it covered with their buffets but that's not what we like. Anyway, the food is awesome. So many breakfast choices we didn't know what to choose. Finally chose Eggs Benedict and the Breakfast Sandwich. Both delicious. The menu looked amazing for lunch and dinner too. Highly recommended.

2  Thank glenys590
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for quick and easy, this isn't the restaurant for you! Tooloulou's has a laid back southern atmosphere and a complex menu that takes a little time to prepare. Cheese grits for breakfast, real fish tacos for lunch and jambalaya for dinner. Need I say more, it's the best in the west!

2  Thank lesliefuller