“Best Breakfast and lunches in Banff.”
Review of Tooloulou's

Tooloulou's
Ranked #7 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tooloulou's is a locally owned and operated restaurant in Banff Alberta. We offer sizeable Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner menu choices with a Cajun Creole touch & some Canadian flair. Full Breakfast menu is served till 2:00pm daily. Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll !)
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Fantastic breakfast menu with all tastes covered. We loved it so much that we had 3 out of our 9 breakfasts there. Our friends had a lunch there and raved about their lunch menu. Great coffee too.

2  Thank Tracey P

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My group decided to have our staff dinner Christmas party in Banff at Tooloulou's. The food was Fantastic! I Highly recommend the Taste of N'Awlins. We found the prices were reasonable for seafood. Great atmosphere, great service the owner Steve was a joy he took are reservation for 13 on a busy Banff night he even let us stay past their closing time 11:00pm, even joining our party for a glass of wine. I will be back

2  Thank Buck1970
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Found this place which looked like a cosy little bistro.
The waitress seemed pleasant and helpful and all was good until the food came out. The burgers were processed meat - not fresh beef and appeared undercooked so we asked for them to be done a little more. The chef came out and was not accommodating at all. Told us it was the lighting. We accepted his explanation and the 3 affected people attempted to eat their meals.
The burgers were terrible - stodgy, processed, cheap crap served up as a premium burger and greasy limp fries.
We politely told them that the meals were not enjoyed and could they give us an appropriate discount as the meals were not even half eaten.
I heard the manager/chef issue some tirade back in the kitchen and then came out smiling through gritted teeth. Very unpleasant person to deal with. I was in no way rude but said that in fairness a deduction should be given. He gave a measly 10% of the 3 affected burgers.
We were visiting Banff with relatives from Ireland and I can genuinely say he left us with a bad impression of Canadian hospitality. My folks have a restaurant back in Ireland and when there is a genuine complaint they try and appease the customer. There was none of it with this guy. I would say avoid this place at all costs.

2  Thank Colum_2012
Catherine S, Owner at Tooloulou's, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Colum,
I am truly sorry that you felt your experience with us was less than stellar and also that you have chosen not to reply to the private message that I immediately sent to you. That said, I feel I must now publicly respond as you have posted some inaccurate information. We do indeed make our own 8ounce (1/2 pound) burgers from scratch using fresh ground beef, seasonings and binders but no fillers. It is the Chef's steadfast policy to cook all burgers all the way through as per our licencing guidelines and even though this does take some time as our burgers are large he is adamant about this . After placing the returned burgers back on the grill for the second time, he truly felt that he could not cook them any further as he risked serving them as inedible. As well, we also cut our own fries directly from raw potatoes and each portion is fried individually when ordered. My understanding is that you thoroughly enjoyed your order of Fish & Chips and mentioned this to your server. It is also my understanding that when the burgers were returned to the table, they were consumed leaving only a few bites and that others in your party enjoyed their lunches.
All that said, it is obviously disheartening to hear of a customer's dissatisfaction and of our inadequacy to provide a satisfactory solution. Should you decide to re-visit Tooloulou's in the future, I encourage you to please introduce yourself personally to me.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went here one day with my boyfriend and it was not that great. The place was empty. The food was poor and the prices we paid for our meals was a disappointment too.
It is a southwester, Louisiana, Creole style. I don't think there is a market in town for this place, some other type of food should be served, it is just not good.

1  Thank brookebethune

I was so sorry to read that you were not happy with your visit to Tooloulou's in October. Although not a justifiable excuse, we had just opened the restaurant at our new downtown location in mid-October and were working as quickly as we could to produce our new Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner menus. I wish that you had let us know about your dissatisfaction while in the restaurant as I would have certainly done what I could to rectify the problem right away.
I am not sure which meal of the day you visited us for and not sure exactly what the problem was however should you decide to give Tooloulou's another try, I encourage you to introduce yourself to me personally with any additional thoughts and to provide us with further feedback after now having been operational for a couple of months. Thank you so much.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have just moved back to Banff and in these two weeks I have visited Tooloulou's 5 times. The food there is delicious and excellent quality. The portions are huge and, for a place like Banff, the menu is reasonable. The staff have been very accommodating, friendly, and attentive. Their new location in downtown Banff and the exceptional chicken wings have made this my favourite restaurant in the Bow Valley!

3  Thank Jessica I