“Fine Dining w/o the coat and tie”
Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 152 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We highly recommend the Maple Leaf. An elegant restaurant without pretension. We were on our 25th anniversary holiday and were mostly hiking. We had some semi-nice clothes and wanted a nice dinner. Maple Leaf was a terrific place. The food was outstanding, service excellent, view overlooking Banff was grand. Overall, pricey but worth every loonie. A highlight of our 12 day trip.

The staff made us feel welcomed, comfortable. A great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,916)

Reviewed September 29, 2008

I just came back from Banff, and had the most amazing dining experince at the Maple Leaf. There wine list is huge, and our meal was absolutely perfect. I had the Bison tenderloin which was to die for, and had it twice in the week I was there. Both servers we had were very knowledgable, and the Saturday night vibe was really fun (the place was packed). We look forward to our next trip to Banff and especially to go back to the Maple leaf.

Reviewed August 30, 2008

Food is okay. Service is good. Ambiance is very pleasing--I would recommend sitting on the second floor. However, the prices are not justified.

Reviewed August 26, 2008

Visiting Banff from NYC, my husband & I were disappointed in our dinner at the pricey Maple Leaf for the following reasons:

Before we started dinner (downstairs), we had to ask our friendly waiter (Brent?) to turn down the recorded Latin music blasting "cha cha cha" over our Canadian table.

In any restaruant, diners at least should expect hot plates. Since ours were ice cold, our dinners (maple salmon which was good) were at best lukewarm. Furthermore, the bread also was cold & non-descript.

So our "special" dinner in Banff was a letdown & we enjoyed a much better experience the next night at nearby Bison bistro.

Reviewed August 9, 2008

Our family of six ate here. Unfortunately, we had a large group of adults adjacent to us which were yelling across the table at one another. They were yet part of another group in the restaurant that would occasionally come over and "socialize" - even our kids (high school/college age) were shuddering at these adults screeching at one another. We did think our waiter was very nice, and the food overall was good, but be prepared to shell out the bucks. I had to ask the waiter when items listed as part of my order were omitted, and then I got a small meager side serving upon questioning. The restaurant itself has a nice atmosphere; we ate upstairs. It may just have been bad luck for us with regards to the company. I would go back - but my choice would be to sit at the bar, drink wine, and order appetizers & salads next time.

1  Thank Bell