“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Fernie, Canada
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went here for my staff Xmas party and I actaully wasnt expecting much as we were are large group. We had a private area to the side of the restaurant to accomodate all of us. It was very well set up. We had water and some bread starters waiting for us on the table when we arrived.

Service was just as attentive for our large group as it would of been if it was just a few of us dining very well done to our server he was excellent. He told us about the drinks menu straight away and took our order as soon as we were ready and always asked if we would like another one and filled up our water when it was getting low. Food was amazing! Very well done 3 course menu and everything was cooked perfectly. Drinks are a bit pricey but well worth it.
Great night and would recommend for any occasion.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dining experience in Banff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The dishes were unexpectedly out of this world. We devoured the mussels, bison and duck. While we sat in the bar area, the service was attentive and super friendly. The meal was more expensive than other places in Banff, but we'll worth it.

Visited December 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Maple Leaf for our Christmas party, and I have to say I was very impressed. The service was fabulous, and the food, amazing! I would definitely go again!

Visited December 2013
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Excellent Dinner Choice....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife is very particular about her selection of restaurants - to put it mildly....I think she asked every local what there favorite is and The Bison and Maple Leaf consistently came up as top 3 choices in Banff. We decided to go early on a weekday before heading to a movie and had a wonderful table by the window with big comfortable chairs which we stopped by earlier in day to reserve.

The table was delivered as promised, and our server - sorry forgot name - but she came from a small town in Ontario, Westport - which coincidentally I had summered nearby as a child - was extremely friendly throughout. We ordered the Elk meatballs - exceptional - did not mention to my 7 yr old daughter what they were or she would not have touched them of course, having seen some elk wandering by the highway earlier in day, and she loved them as well. The main course was the Bison tenderloin - equally fantastic...as was my wife's BC wild salmon with of course, maple sauce.

I highly recommend and would return as we will next year again - only recommendation would be to consider offering some incentive during low season weekday - and/or early dining reduction - considering the restaurant was only about 10% filled the night we were there, as it was a little pricey for families (we missed the culinary week offers the previous week which was essentially same menu for about half the price). With some encouragement along these lines we likely would have returned a couple more times as we stayed Banff for 9 nights for ski holiday, and hey, you make it up with the wine purchase, right?

Regardless, a solid choice for dining option in Banff and will return again...thanks for a great meal.

Regardless,

• Visited November 2013
Lechlade, United Kingdom
“Great food, hit and miss service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is probably one of the more expensive restaurants in Banff. The menu was reasonable with a decent selection. I decided to try the cheese fondue with a selection of meats such as elk and buffalo, being something I haven't had before I don't have anything to compare it to - all I can say is that it was ok.
My wife had salmon which was good and dessert was also very nice.

The main problem was the service, we had to wait forever for our order to be taken and the food also took ages to arrive. We were here off season so it may be that they were short of staff.

This is a nice restaurant but there is a lot of places offering food that is just as good but at a much better price.

• Visited April 2013