“Excellent food.”
Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 144 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Danbury, Ct.
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Maple Leaf occupies the second floor of a building in the center of Banff. It is noisy and crowded but with good service and great food. I started with the elk meatballs done in a cream sauce with chili jam and served on a piece of flatbread. It was the first time that I had elk, but it was really good. My wife started with the onion soup which was dressed up with crispy shallots. Also good. My entrée was the bison stroganoff. Chunks of bison and wild mushrooms were served in a cream sauce over pappardelle noodles. My wife choose the Brome Lake duck which was done in a berry sauce and served over wild mushroom risotto. Both dishes were excellent. The Maple Leaf’s wine menu lists over 800 wines, making it a daunting task to pick one. I finally found a Cote de Rhone at a reasonable price which proved to be very good.

The Maple Leaf is on the expensive side, but the food is uniformly excellent.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Newmarket, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The reviews don't lie, this place was terrific. Food was excellent, as was the service. Great atmosphere, if a little tight for seating, and possibly awkward with other patrons seated facing you throughout your meal. These minor things aside, be sure to try it.

Visited September 2013
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The first time I ate at The Maple Leaf it was amazing! I couldn't wait to get back. So when my fiance and I made our way back there this weekend, I was very let down with the food. I'll start by saying we had great service, our waitress was wonderful! We had made a reservation through their website and we were immediately seated. Drinks were good as always (love there lychee martini!) I had a steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables with a side of seared prawns. I like my steak a nice medium rare but this one was overdone, my potatoes and vegetables were cold and flavorless and my seared prawns were over-salted. I barely ate half of it. For a $44 meal I expected A LOT better. Might go back but it wouldn't be for a couple years.

Collierville, Tennessee
“Excellent lunch value”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have been in Banff 5 days and this is the best lunch for the dollar so far. We had broccoli cheddar jalapeño soup to start and the wild game/blue cheese pizza and chicken burger for the main course. Both were good and the bill was reasonable.

Our waiter was excellent. Very polite and customer-service oriented. I asked for iced tea and all they had was sweet. He offered and made unsweet tea for me! Food 4 stars, but service 5. The large velvet chairs in the bar area where we ate were very comfortable.

White Plains, New York
“could try harder”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We visited here in August. Had a nice dinner- nothing special. The service was good, very friendly waiter. My husband had a glass of red wine which he enjoyed- however, when he was finished, the empty glass was filled with dregs from the wine. The waiter clearly noticed this (it shouldnt have happened) yet didnt offer to replace/correct it. This was disappointing for a restaurant that is priding itself on terrific service with high prices.

• Visited August 2013