“Truly Canadian ambiance!”
Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 151 Restaurants in Banff
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went to banff for our annual convention and chose this restaurant for our Saturday celebration dinner. There was 37 of us and they prepared a back portion of the upstairs for our private event. The service was great. We had 3-4 servers and theycatered to us a lot. The food was from a fixed menu so our choices were limited. However what they did serve was very good. I would have enjoyed wild game choices but maybe next time.
My only complaint was the piped in music. During our presentations we could not hear the speakers because the music was too loud. We asked to have it lowered but it did not happen. Other than that we had a great time and no one complained about anything. Serving 37 people in 1 seating is not an easy feat and they did it well. Congrats!

1  Thank Helenecarmelle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Treat yourself. Get the Bison Tenderloin and a kick [--] bottle of red. Come here for a wonderful dining experience. The wine list will accommodate ANY budget.

I have frequented the Maple Leaf on many occasions and have never been disappointed with the service and quality of dining experience.

Definitely not the cheapest dining option in Banff but most certainly among the best.

1  Thank roger f
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch on the way home from the ice carving competitions up at Lake Louise. I had wanted to try this place on previous trips to Banff and was not disappointed. It is a bit pricey, but the food is really good.

My fiance and I split a bison burger and a prime rib donair (we are from the east coast, so we just had to). The bison burger was very nice, topped with blue cheese. We both enjoyed the strong flavour of the cheese with the smokey flavour of the burger. The donair was good. Nothing authentic about it at all, and they claim it had donair sauce on it, but we suspect they are not exactly clear on what donair sauce is... the sauce that was there was kind of tasteless. It also had cheese (unusual for a donair), onions, and tomatoes. We knew not to expect a real donair, though, and the meat was so tasty- very tender. I ordered yam fries and Fiance ordered regular. Both were really good, but I preferred mine, and he seemed to as well since he kept stealing them off my plate. Overall a very nice meal.

1  Thank arrowrootcookie
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had expected much more. Service was incredibly slow. Had a wild game pizza and a side of maple bacon. Had asked if a soup was dairy free and never heard back. Food did not agree with me, although that may have been due to something I had earlier, and it may have been different with a salad. Overall, not a good experience.

1  Thank tlhjar
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Certainly would not go back or recommend this place at all. Food was average and over priced. No atmosphere, we were placed by the bar upstairs which felt like the staff canteen given the number of staff hanging about in this area discussing all sorts. Given the reviews on this site I would have expected more.

1  Thank Mark D