“Average food, good service”
Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 144 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Montreal, Canada
“Average food, good service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food was pretty average from a price - quality point of view. When you pay $13 for a caesar salad - you expect a great salad. My son asked for extra parmesan and they said sorry that is not possible. My husband had the onion soup which the taste of a salt shaker and cheap cheese. The wine list did not cater to someone wanting a bottle of wine at a reasonable price (i.e $30). My husband had the braised lamb (again average to poor), I had the Arctic char which really was again too salty. Our teens were fairly happy with their choices.
Overall, I find this resto overrated.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Langroch

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Prawn crackers!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed several days in Banff as part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip. We had already eaten at a couple of good restaurants but had 'saved' the Maple Leaf for our last night as we had looked at the menu and it was recommended by the B and B we were staying in. We booked a couple of days ahead. When we arrived we were seated in an area which appeared to be the main thoroughfare for waiters serving and dinner guests arriving. Our waiter was surly to say the least! I wanted to order the House signature dish of salmon and asked if i could have the prawn garnish 'deshelled.' The waiter said no that this was the way it was served and I should be able to manage it myself. I would have thought any chef/restaurant worth the name could have carried out such a simple request. The night went down hill from there. The waiter treated us as an encumbrance and despite my protests my husband still left a tip, even though our service was far from satisfactory. The whole experience was a HUGE disappointment!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank ojarm
MIA
“great food”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Have on mind that everything more expensive in Canada, good quality food, good service, good wine, great onion soup…..

Visited February 2013
1 Thank REYNOL
Banff, Canada
“Choc Souffle!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Chocolate souffle is to die for! Prices are usually very high but I went during the local fall specials and was very glad I did. So happy I got to experience this restaurant!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Hana212
Edmonton
“We came for a meal, we left with an experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Where do I start: the originality of appetizers, wine selection, delectable mains, superb service, drooling desserts, and ambiance we'll never forget.

Planning to go back for scotch night at the awesome bar.

• Visited October 2012