“Cozy lodge atmosphere, excellent service and perfectly prepared food”
Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had the Artisan salad which was fresh and not overdressed with juicy plump tomatoes and mandarin orange slices. We shared the duck wing appetizer that had a maple sauce and then had their signature salmon dish. The salmon had a crispy skin (just on top), was medium rare and had to be sushi grade fish and the seasonal veggies and mashed potatoes were divine and went together with the sauce and fish. We finished it off with oozing hot chocolate soufflé and tawny port. Our server was informative, knew the preparations and was attentive but not overly so. We sat upstairs and enjoyed the street view below. Dinner was $107 which included a beer and delicious Chardonnay.

1  Thank Goodwitch1965

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I dined here for my birthday. Based on the previous reviews, I thought it would be an outstanding restaurant. However, the food was just not worth the price. Our waiter was a very friendly fellow, who was attentive and recommended places to see in Banff National Park. I believe there are other restaurants in the area that are not quite as expensive and more tasty than the Maple Leaf.

1  Thank NiseKay
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hostess was rather unwelcoming considering we had a small child with us. We did debate leaving due to the greeting, however decided to stay for the food. We split a bruschetta for an appetizer and it was very tasty. My mother had the seasonal soup and chipotle burger, both which were excellent. I had the fish tacos that were unique but not quite my liking, however the salad and zucchini tempura that accompanied it were very nice and my daughter enjoyed it as well. I would not go back for the service, but would go back for the food.

1  Thank DKazakoff
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Maple Leaf on the main street of Banff is a great place for excellent food. Not for the very budget conscious, but a special treat in the beautiful Canadian Rockies. Don't miss the
triple creme brulee; makes a great food memory.

1  Thank drumsurn
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What à great service and welcome. Bartender let us taste some of local wines wille we Were waiting to be seated. Great menu and food exquise and beautifully presented. The duck was amazing. Slow cooked leg among the best i ever had. Not your cheap option but certainly not outrageous For what you get. Deserves à Michelin star if they manage to keep up their standards. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Janvu