“Favourite Indian Food in Banff”

Masala Authentic Indian Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Banff’s only East Indian restaurant offers a wide variety of cuisine. Specialties from the wood-fired tandoori clay oven,many varieties of curry and classic masala fare share the 65-item menu. Dishes are made to order–mild,medium or hot. Meals are accompanied by the pleasant sounds and smells of traditional Indian music and spices. Art depicting Hindu God’s and Indian life are features of the casual dining room,while window seats afford view of Wolf Street and Cascade Mountain.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love the Rogan Josh at this restaurant. I dream of it, I crave it, it has become an addiction....

We go here fairly often. I have tried other menu items and they are delicious, but I always want the Rogan Josh! I've had it with beef or lamb.
The portion sizes at this establishment are more than adequate. We always end up taking leftovers home for lunch the next day.
The service has always been good when I'm there, so I have no complaints what so ever! I have never eaten anything here that I didn't like or wouldn't order again.

We like how there are different levels of "hotness" for each dish, so if someone likes it mild and someone else like the same dish hot they can be accommodated!

I give this restaurant 2 thumbs up for sure!
:0)

1  Thank Lee B

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food is fantastic, so many delicious flavours.
Probably the friendliest service I have ever experienced.
I will be back!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Arrived in Banff & saw by chance the Masala as we drove in. We LOVE a good curry, my husband would eat it for breakfast, lunch & dinner given the chance, but it has to very spicy but still tasty.
The food was exceptional - not the hottest curries in the world, but so good we forgive them. How good? Well we re-routed back to Vancouver to just have another meal here & it was as good as the last, especially with the extra chillies on the side!

2  Thank Chelseastella
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were in Banff in the off season and decided to try this restaurant. We were the only ones besides one other couple. The waiter was super nice and helpful to answer our questions about the dishes. The non-vegetarian platter was wonderful and the menthi chicken with garlic naan was slimply delightful. We left stuffed and would go back again. We saw a few people (appeared to be locals) come in for pick up orders.

1  Thank irishsiren74
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I know there were plenty of negative review, but we had a really good time. We went past high season (10/2012), and we went right in. It was late when we went to the buffet (a few minutes before closing), but they seated us anyway.

The selections were enormous, but they were tasty and filling. I will return when back to Banff in a couple of years.

2  Thank Rob315