“Indian restaurant that you should go if you there is no alternate food place ( even worst than a subway)”

Masala Authentic Indian Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Banff’s only East Indian restaurant offers a wide variety of cuisine. Specialties from the wood-fired tandoori clay oven,many varieties of curry and classic masala fare share the 65-item menu. Dishes are made to order–mild,medium or hot. Meals are accompanied by the pleasant sounds and smells of traditional Indian music and spices. Art depicting Hindu God’s and Indian life are features of the casual dining room,while window seats afford view of Wolf Street and Cascade Mountain.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Service : Not at all
Food : Taste (Curries) all the same even if you had ordered a different items from the menu
In short, its a place to go when you find no other food to eat. I recommend getting frozen stuff from safeway or any other stores than eating here.
It is very expensive restaurant, not for food lovers or decent people.

1  Thank Edm0nt0nExpl0rer

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Even after reading the unfavorable response we took a chance to dine in Masala. We had to wait for more then 20 minutes to get seated and nobody even approached us. All the staff in Masala were just passing by us without any acknowledgement. I then realized we don't need to be in a place where we don't deserve to be treated right and left immediately. Just do not recommend anyone to visit Masala. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed July 27, 2012

No, it wasn't just us. We went to the restaurant for dinner and waited a very long time before our order was even taken. A lot longer to receive the food. A couple nearby had issues with their food as well. Not a bathroom-friendly location either. The food was good, but more expensive than necessary. Not likely we will return there, even though we relish Indian cuisine.

1  Thank beachbumAlberta
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were on a vacation and arrived after a long day at around 8:00 PM. The restaurant was 50% full and we were ushered in. No one came to take our order for almost 30 minutes. After a long wait, I asked the lady (looked like the owner) to be served water.We were served water but not before she was rude and showed her attitude to us. There was only one server and I have full sympathy for that person though. Our mistake was to continue...we should have left at that time. Food was served almost 2 hrs after we entered the restaurant. Every item (veg and non veg) entree had the same tomato gravy. Salad was limp and rice was cold. Since we were a party of 6 we were forced to pay a gratuity of 20%.
By far the worst part of the vacation. It left a bitter taste. Would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. My advice is spent $3:00 on a burger rather than going to this expensive, incompetent and rude restaurant.

1  Thank Sunanda M
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We took a chance without reading the trip advisor reviews and we were very happy. It was a quiet evening and the lady I spoke to was very helpful about dietry requirements. The food was good. My only issue was the price - we appeared to pay full restaurant prices for takeaway food. Maybe this is common in Canada/US. I felt a bit ripped off, so I only tipped 10%, but then felt guilty!! The only reason I tipped so lowly was that we weren't actually dining in - what was I tipping for if I tipped 15- 20%?

2  Thank travelbc707