“Disgraceful Service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hamilton, Australia
“Disgraceful Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Hungry for sushi, a few friends and I visited Sushi House Banff. Immediately unimpressed by the cramped restaurant and the rude manner in which we were "welcomed", we decided to order take-away.

After ordering and being informed it would be a 20min wait (seemed like a long time considering the number of dishes circling the table) we took a seat to wait.

In 20min we were asked (rudely!) on 4 different occasions to make room for guests even though there were plenty of seats.

All I can say is that the entire ordeal was disgraceful and hardly worth the good (but not great) sushi. Never again!

• Korean first
Sherwood Park, Canada
“So consistently delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Every time we come to Banff we visit this sushi house. It's tiny and very busy but the food is delicious and the service is great. The train is fun and adds to the whole experience. I have never been disappointed over the dozen or more times we have visited here.

1 Thank J Michael M
Banff, Canada
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I loved cucumber avocado roll and fried shrimp. Love that plates are on moving train. You can always feel free to order more than you see there. Service is excellent.

Victoria, Canada
“Choo Choo Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I've eaten here. A lot. I've eaten raw stuff and cooked stuff. Drank beer and saki and lots of cola drinks, mostly cold. And a tsunami worth of tea, though I think it might have had a shell in it last time.

The Good: I like the beans, and the salt on them. I like all of the food, just not those weird eggy packets of sweet rice that kids seem to eat all the time. I don't get that. Kids can eat adult food. Eat the spicy Tuna. Eat the Tempura. Don't ask for Shabu Shabu, they don't have it.

The Bad: I told you: those weird eggy packets of sweet rice that kids seem to eat all the time. I don't get that.

The Ugly: nothing's ugly.

The Skinny: I like this place, I like the people and the service. I don't really like the guy at the end of the bar (probably a real estate agent or a cattle rustler) trying to impress everyone with his knowledge of Mexico ("Hey Pal, EVERYONE has been to Mexico).
Great Value.
Very, very fresh food.
Lines are quick and worth waiting in.
Always a smile from the chef and the hostess.
Price is decent for Banff standards and one of the best sushi places in that fair town.

For fun, speak like a burnt-out snowboarder while you're there. You look cool and kind of dim at the same time.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank NC M
Kingston, Canada
“Good surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this place if your looking for good sushis. The fish was really fresh and the rice well cooked. The atmosphere is friendly and cosy. The chef prepares the sushis in front of you which is very entertaining, plus, the plates are displayed on an actual little train which just adds some fun to the experience.

3 Thank belbetom