“Great place for great food”
Review of Saltlik

Saltlik
Ranked #28 of 152 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf or Caribou
Transit: Public transit stops within walking distance.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went more than ones for dinner and lunch to Saltlik in August 2013. The food and service were great.
Roel & Eveline

saltlikbanff, General Manager at Saltlik, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us! We're very happy you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,498)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Saturday night in Banff is very busy with all the visitors looking to eat - and we went out without a reservation. Nevertheless they managed to find us a table and we were looked after very attentively by their waiter who upsold us some wine rather than the Argentina Malbec we were after . The food was great, but the wine was not as good as was suggested - the waiter was mortified and took it upon himself to make sure we had a desert course free of charge . We would happily return there and recommend the restaurant for the food , the atmosphere, and the service

Thanks for the review and I'm very happy to hear you had such a fantastic time with us! If you could provide me with any more feedback as to how we could get to 5 stars I would very much appreciate it!

cbutler@saltlik.com

Reviewed January 25, 2014

painfully slow. seriously arrived for our 8pm reservations and didn't leave the restaurant till 1130. Not what we had in mind! But the good was delicious... or was it that we didn't actually get to eat supper till 10pm? either way, yummy, but will no be going back any time soon.

Thanks for the review and I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food. I am concerned about how long it took for you to dine with us, if you could email me and provide me with more details I would very much appreciate it.

cbutler@saltlik.com and for the attention of Chris.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a very groovy bar/restaurant. There were plenty of available tables when we arrived but it filled up quickly thereafter. The tables vary from regular tables, high tables, couches and coffee tables to a few booths. Very laid back.

We had the ribeye steak and a spinach salad. Both were very good. The boy didn't like the rosemary butter on the steak, but I was pleased with the flavor, cut and wellness (very rare, as requested).

The service was pretty good, although we did feel forgotten at one point when it got pretty busy.

Overall a warm, hip place to feed your belly.

Oh yeah...the highlight was the calamari appetizer. Try it. Very different and a bit spicy.

Thanks for the great review! We welcome all feedback and I am concerned that you felt forgotten at one point in your visit.

If you would be able to provide me with more feedback please email me cbutler@saltlik.com as we are constantly looking to improve service wherever possible. Next time I would like to get your review up to 5 stars!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We decided to go to Saltlik after reading some local menus and finding the duck tacos (which were amazing). Both greeters were very welcoming. We had a great waiter (Jamie) who was friendly and attentive but not annoying. The food was delicious (you need to try the duck tacos) and cooked perfectly. Good atmosphere, nice decor, was pricey but most good places are.

1  Thank riannemargaret
saltlikbanff, Guest Relations Manager at Saltlik, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience and to write about Jamie. He will be very happy to know you enjoyed his service and food.
We hope to have you back in the future.