“okay for a beer”
Review of Magpie & Stump

Magpie & Stump
Reserve with OpenTable
Magpie & Stump is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The ambience is nice in this pub but the nachos were marginal and they charged you for every additional thing you had on them. Okay for a drink. I wouldn't have a meal there!!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We popped in here for Friday dinner. Fantastic service, food and value. The prawns were delicious with the best habenero sauce in the world. Tequila with verdita was also a winner.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had an awesome dip with chorizos as well as a great guacamole dip. I had tacos which were awesome and my husband had what he called the "best burger around" with a little kick to it. I wanted to go back again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have eaten in Banff more than 100 times. Find lately that when I am with a group of adults, we often come to the Stump because it is the devil we know. In a tourist place, you can get all types of places including those that can survive just by ripping off newcomers. The Stump has been in business at least 30 years by my reconning and it gets a good portion of local traffic. The peanuts are free and you can throw the shells on the floor just like the fad 20 years ago. It might be playing games, but I was surprised to see this place ranked below half the restaurants in Banff, so I gave it an excellent rating, instead of the 4/5 I would have given otherwise. It is a little tough to walk in the place when it is busy because the tables are packed in there, but that must speak to something about the value to fill it up.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Yummy food here. And I love that you drink out of jars. Very modern yet Mexican antique. Great decor and very friendly staff.