“Good food, but but average at its best.”
Review of Magpie & Stump

Magpie & Stump
Reserve with OpenTable
Magpie & Stump is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 151 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Lived in Texas before for a few years, so know my Mexican taste buds well.

Food is good here, but the service wasn't the best. In fact we had to try this place three times until we were actually able to dine.

The first time we had just ordered, but then the power went out. The margarita I had was really bad, so I had to send it back... Sour! That's too bad.

The second time,we had the same server. She is a little rough around the edges. They were out of corn tortillas and since my fiancee is gluten intolerant, it was a no go, so we left.

The third time, we got what we ordered and the food was good. Service was also better, but the place was packed, loud and the atmosphere is kinda shabby.

Good bang for the buck for Banff, but there are better places to choose.

1  Thank Gazpacho16

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you like tacos the way I like tacos you need to try these tacos. My server couldn't have had a bigger smile, or been more efficient. Only complaint is that it was too hot in there!!

1  Thank getoutthere41
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Thr first resturant my girlfriend and I stumbled into upon reaching Banff. Service was quick and accurate (hard for me to normally get a glass of pop with no ice at almost any resturant). Good price and great food. If this is any indication of the fare in Banff, we are looking forward to more.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is great if you like huge portions. We ordered the nachos to share between 3 of us and we were full up after them and still had a main course. The nachos were tasty but the main course not so much. The margaritas were great though

1  Thank Chaz1987_13
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food here was amazing! Unfortunately it took them forever to get our food to us because it was a super busy night, but they took all of our drinks off of the bill and our chips and salsa, so they made up for it! The food was very much worth the wait.

1  Thank michelle_r64