New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Best Restuarant and Fine Dining Experience I Have Ever Experienced” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Beaujolais - CLOSED

Le Beaujolais
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Banff Avenue
Transit: Across from Restauran on Banff Avenu & Buffalo Street
Victoria, Canada
“Best Restuarant and Fine Dining Experience I Have Ever Experienced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my first time in Banff and wont be my last for the mere reason to experience Le Beaujolais. From the moment i walked in with my mates another customer informed me that we were in for the experience of our lives, we were not dissappinted. The food was cooked to perfection with attention to detail. The service was impecable and carried out without hesitation, the best service I have ever had. I had the opportunity to be served by the owners son who was very friendly and paired my meal with the finest wines. I also had the opportunity to speak with the owner and his wife was very impressed on their knowledge and friendly demenor while still making my meal elegant. I have been to many fine dining restaurants and I compare Le Beaujolais with the highest percentile. The prices were extremely reasonable given the vintages and overall experience I could not put any price on such an experience. Lastly the service was warm, formal but at ease and would do anything to make the customer feel warm and welcome. We weren't the only people talking about this establishment restaurant in town as this was the restaurants first day after the Banff shoulder season and there was also a proposal beside us, which showed how highly others tink of this fine restaurant. Best dining experience by far in Banff and a must if in the area.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank BillHarringotn

Vancouver, Canada
“Dining Expirence of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my third time dining at Le Beaujolais and it astounds me every time how amazing it is. Every time the food is cooked to perfection, the service is second to none, the views are impecable and the overall atmosphere is incredible. The staff is always very helpful and their menu and wine recommendations are always spot on. I love the city of Banff and try to visit on a regular basis and every time I am sure to make a reservation at Le Beaujolais. It is an absolute must for any Banff visit!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank George W
Calgary, Canada
“Best in Banff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you are looking for a beautiful place to have a lovely dinner with very good food, choose Le Beaujolais. Ask for a table near a window and enjoy the views. I would have rated it excellent except that I found the food a little too salty and the music. The atmosphere calls for a little classic French (Piaff, Chevalier, Trenet) or Italian, not classics of the 60s and 70s.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Susanjl_12
Calgary, Canada
“To Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The restaurant was warm, inviting. The food was cooked to perfection. My requests were carried out without hesitation, as I have some allergies. The wine recommendation was right on! And the prices were extremely reasonable given the vintages. Lastly the service was warm, formal but at ease. Overall an enjoyable experience and I shall be back often!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank turnbsy
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“French cuisine at its finest .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Me and my boyfriend came here , and had thee most amazing meal, and wine . I, being French myself , wanted my boyfriend to have a truely authentic French meal . He loved it! Our waiter Phil, was on point with every wine pairing and suggestion. I highly recommend going to le Beaujolais for true French cuisine . Thanks Phil!! We will see u again :)

1 Thank h0usegirl