“Always perfect.”

Grizzly House Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My favourite reasturant in Canada. I have always said it is worth it to visit Alberta just to try this amazing place. Having loved it while on vacation, and now living in Alberta, I am sure to take every easterner that comes for a visit directly to the Grizzly House!

Whether you are dropping in for a quick fondue or making an evening out of it, you are sure to enjoy yourself. You cannot exit the front door without having the cheese fondue - make sure you add a side of rosti that comes topped with their amazing mushroom gravy!

For those spending the evening, you cannot go wrong doing the whole fondue experience. My boyfriend and I recently visited and had a 4-hour meal, complete with cheese foundue, included salad, main entree choice and of course, toblerone fondue to end! He had the exotic platter, which I recommend if you are feeling adventurous as it is most definitely an experience (and suprisingly tasty!). I stick with the chicken and beef duo, which is grade A meat and delectable. Use the hot oil fondue for the chicken (..think chicken wings) and the hot stone to cook your Alberta beef just the way you like it! Adding drinks (we like to start with cocktails, wine during the main meal and baileys on the rocks to finish), you're looking at over $200 CA, but it is worth it, well worth every penny.

I would do it again and again - and certainley plan to! Make sure to put the Grizzly House on the top of your list when visiting the beautiful Rockie Mountains in Banff, Alberta.

1  Thank exploregrowvino
There are newer reviews for Grizzly House Restaurant

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great food, even my husband tried it and enjoyed it which is great for him! We tried the full fondue experience which I'd recommend. Pricey but worth it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been several times and never dissappointed! Their fondues are truly amazing, especially the hot rock fondues. The staff are superb, the atmospere is interesting and unique. Weekends you will need to make a reservation as they are always packed. If you want something truly different this is the place!

1  Thank beachfun10
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well we came here with a large group of friends. It was certainly atmospheric and many had recommended it to us. The food was average, nothing I would say amazing but it was pleasant however you really don't get much for your money!! It is pricey for what is on offer. They certainly have variety and is gimmicky. Service was friendly but a tad slow. Big downside was came out smelling of the place, cooking meat and smoke is very very overwhelming and strong.

1  Thank Antonia G
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had dinner here in November for my daughter's birthday and it was great! The fondue itself is pricey but since we do not do this very often, it was worth it. We ordered the fondue meal which came with a few courses. We ordered the vegetable fondue which we all shared and it was fantastic. For our main meal, we all ordered something different. The most eclectic was the elk, venison and buffalo combo. We actually ordered our food to be cooked on a hot stone instead of in a fondue pot. Way less smoke and we found the stone to be better. You have the option of the oil or hot stone. They give you garlic butter to melt into the stone before you put your meat on and I found this to be a much more enjoyable way to enjoy the meat. We ordered a house wine which was very nice and not very expensive. For desert you are given a chocolate fondue with fruit. We were too full to eat it all but it was delicious and plentiful. The staff were excellent and very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for something fun and different to do.

1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain328