“You can't be their November specials”
Review of Eden

Eden
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 300 Mountain Avenue
Transit: Banff public transit service available to the hotel, please see link below for stops schedule. http://www.banff.ca/Assets/PDFs/Locals+PDF/Roam+Transit.pdf
Description: Our AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant is an exquisite dining experience, offering French cuisine with regional accents. Combined with Eden's Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence and ALTO Award winning service, this restaurant provides each guest with the finest in dining, service and scenic views in Banff. Sommeliers are on staff to offer the best wine pairing to compliment the experience. Oct-May 6pm-9pm Wed-Sun June-Sept 6pm-9:30pm Daily Please check reservation for availability.
Banff, Canada
“You can't be their November specials”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I again had dinner there last night and it's amazing the consistency of this restaurant - even when they have their annual November special. I started with their Potato salad, which was far from what the name implied and my wife had what they called Chestnut which was a potpouri of delectable delights (although I much preferred my appetizer). My wife then had the Brome Duck while I enjoyed their ribeye steak - both were delicious. We then ended the evening with a six course (3 each) cheese plate. The service, as usual, was impeccable. The view, with the lights on the snow capped trees and burning fire by their ice rink reminded us of days gone by when Christmas was approaching - and you can't beat the price for their annual special.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Wayne K
Eden_Mngmnt, Manager at Eden, responded to this review, February 2, 2017
We will see you next November.

sands point ny
“what are you others thinking?”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

was a little bit nervous booking this restaurant, but it lived up to its 5 diamond rating, and then some! greeted by manager, chad, and given prime window seat. view is spectacular. waiter and assistant were flawless. we had the 6 course tasting menu, which becomes 10 courses with amuse bouche and dessert. those who thought the portions were skimpy were way off; all were solid with lobster (course 4) and tournedos (course 5) very ample. presentation was perfect and beautiful. we thought that the courses of frogs' legs and of quail were nice to try. we highly recommend this world class restaurant. a memorable evening.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank andya53
Eden_Mngmnt, Manager at Eden, responded to this review, February 2, 2017
Thank you for dining in Eden at the Rimrock Resort.
Wollongong, Australia
“An experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We dined here while staying at the Rimrock Resort. After reservation, a letter was delivered to our room confirming our reservation, which was a nice touch. The Maitre D' made us feel welcome from the start, even though we were young, under dressed and clearly out of our depth.

The service was excellent, the food was amazing. Definitely an experience that was worth every cent, and one that we would repeat if given the chance.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank spay2528
Eden_Mngmnt, Manager at Eden, responded to this review, February 2, 2017
Thanks for your review of Eden.
Calgary, Canada
“It's not a meal so much as an experience.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Wow! What an experience. My wife and I chose to have the chef's tasting menu. I cannot say that I enjoyed everything I tasted but the variety and techniques were absolutely stunning. Given the huge variety, it is expected that there will be aspects of the meal one would favor over another. Substitutions to the chef's tasting menu was allowed and instead of the beef tenderloin/foie gras, I substituted in the lamb entrée. Luckily, when the waiter described the sweetbread sausage in my lamb entrée, I did not realize until this morning when I googled it that this part referred to the lamb thymus or pancreas! Celery sorbet was amazing.

In summary, it was definitely a treat to indulge in such rich flavors and obviously very refined cooking techniques. We had an amazing experience and would definitely consider coming back for special occasions.

The entire meal including tip ended up costing approximately C$330. I did not have any wine with my meal while my wife enjoyed a glass of Riesling wine with hers.

1 Thank pacmanto
Eden_Mngmnt, Manager at Eden, responded to this review, February 2, 2017
Thanks for the feedback regarding your meal with us.
Toronto, Canada
“Over the top luxury dining”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very expensive but worth every penny. Extremely attentive service without being sucky. Huge, eclectic wine list. Two amuse-bouches before dinner. First is a paté in a red coating on the end of a sprpuce sprig presented on a smoldering half-log. Next is a tea party with pear tea, tiered tray of various paté cookies. After dinner, a second dessert is thrown in along with a loot bag on leaving which contains two chocolate cakes! Rare bottles of wine are better value than the pairings, which are $17/glass for the regular pairings and $35 for the Eden pairings. However, the pairings complement the food so well. And you wines in any other restaurant. Go early for a window table with fabulous views of Mt. Rundle.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Stephen M
Eden_Mngmnt, Manager at Eden, responded to this review, May 19, 2017
Thank you for your feedback regarding dinner in Eden.