“Sublime Dining”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. See the concierge desk for a town bus schedules which are subject to change without notice.
Description: Nestled in the Castle is a hidden gem. The Banffshire Club showcases the crown jewel of Alberta cuisine - beef.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A very fancy place. Food and service was impeccable, but VERY formal. Trio of desserts was excellent; as was the cheese cart, and getting chocolates with the bill was a nice touch. Set in such a picturesque place it made the experience of visiting the Bow Valley area complete.

1  Thank RealRater

Reviewed January 3, 2013

A very select restaurant for guests with more discerning tastes, a smaller appetite and large wallets. No prices are shown on the menus. I ordered the fois gras which was the best I have ever tasted and I have eaten all over the world. Then the Roast Goose also very good. We were shown the Champagne cart and my husband ordered us a glass each of Bollinger. When the bill came each glass was $125 more than the food! Be careful and ask the prices unless it does not matter to you! That said a very good restaurant and we will return!

2  Thank Marie C
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my bf and another couple for New Year's Eve and the night was simply amazing. I've always wanted to try a seven course meal and it exceeded all of our expectations!
All courses were delish and we ate everything off our plates. We didn't leave hungry or stuffed, it was perfect. The service was amazing and everything flowed. Supper took 2.5 hours approximately.
Supper per person was $175.00 but if you wanted wine paired with each course it was $400.00 pp.

2  Thank MsKerriZ
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is just so hard to beat. from the moment we entered the staff were wonderful, the ambiance is just fantastic, my pre dinner drink was masterfully mixed and the tasting menu was to die for, for the light drinkers out there beware if you have the suggested wines as the combination can be breathtaking! If you are looking for a romantic place to eat and you are in the area this is a must!

1  Thank Christopher3965
Reviewed September 23, 2012

It's worth the expense as the meal and service were excellent! We were staying in the hotel, and didn't want to go back into town, and we weren't disappointed.

2  Thank MaryPat1026