“Yummy Steak”

Melissa's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Melissa's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The price and value is decent at this resturant especially for Banff.

Filet Mignon was excellent and the peppercorn sauce actually contained peppercorns. Steak is served with salad and two sides so the price is on par with what you would get at Caesars in Calgary.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

No better place in Banff to go for a sit down breakfast. Al the usual options on the menu, and I had a fresh bagel with cream cheese and a GREAT fruit cup. Breakfast was awesome, the service was awesome, and then the server said if we came back for dinner and showed our receipt we'd get a discount. We thought why not, breakfast was so good, but dinner is a whole different animal... I had the pasta special, an olive and sundried tomato linguine, which was tasty at first but later gave me a terrible stomach, and everyone else was less than satisfied with their meal. The service also wasn't as good as at breakfast. So - Go for breakfast, but stay away for dinner.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Visited for an evening meal. It certainly lived up to its reputation. Excellent service, cosy surroundings and great meal. The quality and variety of food was very good and value for money.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I found this gem of a place when we were in Banff in September 2012. We were out gallivanting even when it was raining all day long until we were both cold and hungry. We planned to have lunch in Lake Louise but we did not realize that the lines were so long in practically all of the restaurants that were open. And there were not so many of them.

We drove all the way to Banff where we found parking in the right place at the right time just in front of Melissa's. The wait staff were courteous and we were seated right away. I ordered Beef Stroganoff and my husband had Melissa's Mountain Stew. Service was fast, it did not take long for our food to arrive. It was hot and just perfect for the occasion. It was the best stroganoff I ever had and it was the perfect meal for a starving person after a long cold day of gallivanting and shopping. The price was decent and the portions were generous. I would recommend eating at Melissa's Restaurant.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We both had burgers and really enjoyed them. One of each type. We had the caesar salad which was lovely. Just wish they would not pre salt the fries, but then again all places seem to do it, so not really much of a complaint. Price is excellent value for the burgers. Try and you will enjoy.