“food was average”

Melissa's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Melissa's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had dinner here because it was close to our hotel and it was raining. This is a good family style restaurant and the food is average. The mains average around $20. We ate at Ptarmigan Inn on our second night and the food was much better there and for the same price.

There are newer reviews for Melissa's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Good food, great service, rustic ambiance. Overall satisfying but a little less awesome than we previously experienced.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast is what made Melissa's famous. You can never go wrong!
However, if you skip the BumbleBerry Pie, it will be a life long regret!
Enjoy! It's a do-not miss

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Have been here a couple of times before on previous trips but on our last trip went there on our first night in Banff with our grandson and was most disappointed, we were shown to our table and given menus but before having a chance to look at them were asked if we wanted to order. The food was lovely and I would have enjoyed it more had I been aloud to finish it but whilst taking a sip of my drink my plate was whisked away by a waiter who seemed to be wanting to see us leave.Also the bill arrived even before my grandson had finished his dessert I did not dare have a dessert as I felt it was to going to take up too much of the waiters time bringing out more than one and don't order a childs dessert they don't do a small choc browine. wont be going back next year I like to have the chance of eating my food.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The restaurant is not in the main street so you have to find it. It was full, so we waited 15min in the bar upstairs. After that the waitress said to us that our table is ready. The meat was delicious. The waitresses were nice. The decoration in the restaurant was beautiful.