New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Yummy breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melissa's Restaurant and Bar

Melissa's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Melissa's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Took my family for breakfast and enjoyed the ambiance and the food. Service was pleasant, but a bit slow. We were greated by a lovely hostess in a Santa hat. She was very helpful in directing us to some placs that were going to be open for dinner Xmas eve. Servings were huge and the food was great. Might have been te best coffee i had all week. I highly recommend Melissa's.

2 Thank Michael K

Calgary, Canada
“Not what I remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been here many times but the last time was somewhat disappointing compared to how I remembered it. No problems with the service or how long it took to get the meal or decor or anything like that. What was disappointing was it getting so much hype for steak and then the steak not being as good as something I BBQ at home. You go out to get something better than that. Plus, my husband ordered his medium well as he always does and it came out bleeding (which is how I like it luckily). This isn't really acceptable as someone like me who likes it rare will eat it if it's cooked more than that but when it's under-done for someone's liking, they may not eat it (at least this is my experience). Also, my husband was quite ill the next day. Admittedly, that could have been a coincidence as it's not like it was the only place we ate that entire day but still... I'd hit up The Keg instead.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank SilentEcho
Banff National Park, Canada
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just had dinner at Melissa's. Family of 4, kids aged 13 and 14, and spent a day skiing - so very hungry. On a budget, so stuck with the burgers. Yum yum yum and filling. My son and I had the Joe Canadian, my daughter had Mel's own grilled chicken and husband had the gorgeous George burger. Everyone really enjoyed, burgers were substantial, fresh fillings and the buns were soft and delicious. Had a choice of soup, salad or fries with the burger included in the price. Burgers were $10.95 each + tax. Great value, great taste.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JayneA21
“Great place, good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I had the BC salmon and really enjoyed it maple glazed. My husband had clam chowder and sundried tomato penne which was very flavorful. The service very good and excellent! Would absolutely recommend this place to anyone passing though...

1 Thank Beachme22
Banff National Park, Canada
“Above average spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Melissa's has been around in Banff for a while and is well known. The inside is very chalet like. A little dated if you ask me but the prices are great. We usually come here for breakfast since the prices and portions are great! The service is good too, it's not over the top. We continue to go here for breakfast

Visited August 2012